Just been on the Ouija Board.

Read the 2nd line of Janie's thread again.

I read it fine the first time, that's why I asked the question.

Knowing that Janie is a Christian, and that a common belief amongst the Christian faiths is that there is a spiritual realm (or heaven/hell), her post could have meant either.

She is usually a fairly constructive contributor to the "religious" threads and has sustained quite a few attacks about her faith by what she would call "Millitant atheists" - antitheists to be more exact. I've seen people calling others of faith gullible, so it could be that she is having a little jab at this with her comment, or she could also believe that people who believe spirits contact us through Ouija boards are gullible.

I read it fine the first time, that's why I asked the question.

Knowing that Janie is a Christian, and that a common belief amongst the Christian faiths is that there is a spiritual realm (or heaven/hell), her post could have meant either.

She is usually a fairly constructive contributor to the "religious" threads and has sustained quite a few attacks about her faith by what she would call "Millitant atheists" - antitheists to be more exact. I've seen people calling others of faith gullible, so it could be that she is having a little jab at this with her comment, or she could also believe that people who believe spirits contact us through Ouija boards are gullible.

She said, "Some people are so gullible they will believe anything,so i've been told."

I took that to be a dig at herself in that someone told her that some people will believe anything (they are told) so she believes something that she has been told which contradicts what she has just been told. Does that make sense?

Perhaps Janie can settle it for us.

I admit i was having a dig (just a teeny weeny one though) with a touch of self-mockery as well.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirit visitations...just fairies thats all ;)

I was going to agree with what Rosemary said but didn't want to appear to gender biased!

Well done to those who provided a scientific explanation.:thumbsup:

I admit i was having a dig (just a teeny weeny one though) with a touch of self-mockery as well.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirit visitations...just fairies thats all ;)

I was going to agree with what Rosemary said but didn't want to appear to gender biased!

Well done to those who provided a scientific explanation.:thumbsup:

I wasn't going to bring this up originally but having just read her statement (which you agree with)...

What a load of tosh.

What makes someone else's spiritual beliefs less credible than yours?

(or more "tosh" than yours?)

I wasn't going to bring this up originally but having just read her statement (which you agree with)...

What makes someone else's spiritual beliefs less credible than yours?

(or more "tosh" than yours?)

I knew you were going to ask me that,so my psychic powers have not failed me.

Its because my beliefs are more credible to me,just like your non-beliefs are credible to you.

Now stop mentioning my beliefs as if they are the only thing that defines me.

I knew you were going to ask me that,so my psychic powers have not failed me.

Its because my beliefs are more credible to me,just like your non-beliefs are credible to you.

Now stop mentioning my beliefs as if they are the only thing that defines me.

How the heck can non-beliefs (something that isn't there) be credible?

EDIT: To clarify this, my "non-beliefs" aren't credible to me, I don't see how they could be. "They" don't even exist.

I only mentioned your belief as you dismissed and insulted (by proxy) someone else's. I would never dream of doing that to someone's beliefs.

I don't mention your beliefs as it's the only thing that defines you, in fact I praised you as being a constructive contributor.

How the heck can non-beliefs (something that isn't there) be credible?

EDIT: To clarify this, my "non-beliefs" aren't credible to me, I don't see how they could be. "They" don't even exist.

I only mentioned your belief as you dismissed and insulted (by proxy) someone else's. I would never dream of doing that to someone's beliefs.

I don't mention your beliefs as it's the only thing that defines you, in fact I praised you as being a constructive contributor.

You are just as guilty of insult by action, ie by your effort to disprove by scientific methods their beliefs in the credibility of the Ouija bourd.

Anyway i did praise you for doing that so lets finish on an equel footing PLEASE.

Archived