Is heroin so passe?

The only way it will work if the heroin is basically free, their addicts remember, they'll need it all the time. Then will they be capable of doing anything or will they just continue being dosers, paid to live off their heads by the tax payer...? Without reason to get clean...

they undergo councilling to get to the root cause of their addition and hopefully can return to society.

It's not as simple as give them free drugs. It's giving them the drugs in a controlled environment with education and a support network.

The only way it will work if the heroin is basically free, their addicts remember, they'll need it all the time.

The state gives away free opiates now. It's already a policy that is in practice. The downside of methadone is that it isn't diamorphine - it helps some people and gives some people a second addiction.

The only way it will work if the heroin is basically free, their addicts remember, they'll need it all the time. Then will they be capable of doing anything or will they just continue being dosers, paid to live off their heads by the tax payer...? Without reason to get clean...

There is a big difference between the NHS giving them their heroin and the local scum bag drug dealer. It's in the NHS's interest to try to get them off the drugs, it's in the scum bag drug dealers interest to sell them as much drugs as the addict can afford, by hook or by crook, to buy.

Don't forget an addict doesn't steal a hundred Pounds worth of yours and mine stuff to buy a hundred Pounds worth of drugs, because the hundred Pounds worth of stuff they have stolen will be sold for nowhere near a hundred pounds.

There is a big difference between the NHS giving them their heroin and the local scum bag drug dealer. It's in the NHS's interest to try to get them off the drugs, it's in the scum bag drug dealers interest to sell them as much drugs as the addict can afford, by hook or by crook, to buy.

Don't forget an addict doesn't steal a hundred Pounds worth of yours and mine stuff to buy a hundred Pounds worth of drugs, because the hundred Pounds worth of stuff they have stolen will be sold for nowhere near a hundred pounds.

So the new dealers are purely out to preach, won't a second market develop, only with a firmer footing.

Also because it's all free, more will jump on the bandwagon...

So the new dealers are purely out to preach, won't a second market develop, only with a firmer footing.

Also because it's all free, more will jump on the bandwagon...

No the idea is that people who are addicted to heroin wont have to resort to crime to buy their drugs, and they'll have a better chance of giving up because NHS wont be pushing their drugs onto them.

I really can't see many people going to a healthcare provider and saying that they want to try some heroin, actually I can't see anyone doing this.

No the idea is that people who are addicted to heroin wont have to resort to crime to buy their drugs, and they'll have a better chance of giving up because NHS wont be pushing their drugs onto them.

I really can't see many people going to a healthcare provider and saying that they want to try some heroin, actually I can't see anyone doing this.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Do you think that it is any different now?

See the last part of my post...

Do you include alcohol in that first sentence?

A lot has been mentioned about educating youngsters etc. I think it would be a good idea to educate adults first. Since this is a forum and you have time to look things up, then it is pointless to ask... but if we were face to face (not ness me and you, but in general) and I listed 10 drugs, it would be interesting to see how many you got right, if the question was [I]'which of these is physically addictive'[/i].

they all are

If someone has been using a drug for a long time and stops,the

psychological withdrawal has a physical effect on the body.

in most cases,anxiety,depression,irritabillity and fatigue are the symtoms.

. Nicotine is one of the most addictive known substance's. Caffeine is addictive. , The reason why nicotine is considered the most addictive is that it only requires a small amount of the drug for the body to become physically dependent. Ever have a caffeine withdrawal headache? That is physical addiction.

Do you really believe that the people who wont consider going to their scummy drug dealer would pop to their GP instead and express their interest in starting off a heroin addiction?

I wouldn't put it quite like that,but there are bound to be a few who will attempt to abuse the system. As happened in Sweden i've heard.

You sound deluded, out of touch with addiction, addicts and the real world!

Archived