Is heroin so passe?

But your way will not eradicate that... and if these super high junkies on medicinal grade heroin, who won't be able to hold down a job anyway, will also need money and want other things too, you won't change much!

Why would they need to steal hundreds of pounds a day?

Why would they need to steal hundreds of pounds a day?

Ever heard or known any junkies with their warped sense of reality, their never wrong and everybody else owes them something and if they don't give then it's their own fault... majority of heroin addicts are serious scum without morales...

Ever heard or known any junkies with their warped sense of reality, their never wrong and everybody else owes them something and if they don't give then it's their own fault... majority of heroin addicts are serious scum without morales...

I do understand the nature of opiod addiction.

Especially how someone who is on regular doses of opiods, be that for chronic pain or drug abuse, will slowing lose their all coping mechanisms, so over time their opiods turn into a crutch that is all to easy to turn to whenever they encounter anything difficult in their life, to the point that they can't cope with anything that day to day life throws at them.

Ok, if you reject the notion of the NHS supplying addicts with their heroin, is it fair that you support the current system of prohibition?

I'm considering what is being put forward, and that proposal is flawed and only works in an idealist world when you discount lots of factors.

But your way will not eradicate that... and if these super high junkies on medicinal grade heroin, who won't be able to hold down a job anyway, will also need money and want other things too, you won't change much!

Why won't they be able to hold down a job? They always were before, until the supply was criminalised.

I'm considering what is being put forward, and that proposal is flawed and only works in an idealist world when you discount lots of factors.

As I said every system has flaws, if you think that perfect system exists then you are deluded. What we have to do is examine what the priorities should be,and put in place a system where it works towards achieving these aims.

For me the focus should be on lowing the current crime epidemic by breaking the link between crime and drug abuse. How do you believe our society could eradicate the crime caused by drug abuse?

Leaving out those who need drugs for medical reasons what would happen to addicts if there was no longer any heroin or substitute to be obtained ?

Would they die or learn to live without it ?

I don't believe that such a time will exist, whilst there is such a massive profit involved in the production, trafficking and sale of illegal drugs they will be available to whoever wants to use them. For me the key is removing that profit from the equation.

Archived