Is heroin so passe?

So why don't drug addicts switch to coffee ?

Cos they like taking drugs! Some people like cake AND chocolate, some people like a nice latte and a joint, or cocaine, or whatever. We've been expanding our minds and experimenting with drugs since we were cavemen.

Cos they like taking drugs! Some people like cake AND chocolate, some people like a nice latte and a joint, or cocaine, or whatever. We've been expanding our minds and experimenting with drugs since we were cavemen.

So, essentially your comparison between heroin and tea and coffee is useless??

It's not my fault that you can't understand what psychoactive means. Nowhere was it suggested that the high from coffee is anything like the high you get from heroin.

It was about comparing the high.

Maybe you'll understand it if I explain simply enough for you.

Surely if caffeine gives a high similar to heroin, then you wouldn't be allowed to drink coffee and drive, or did I miss that.

Your obtuse pedanticness only works when you are trying to derail the original statement. I never claimed coffee was psychoactive, if you disagree, please show me where I said it wasn't...

So because some people like taking drugs and become addicted we should see this addiction as a sickness which should be tret with free drugs ?

You don't mention the illegality involved.

The physical addiction of coffee is similar, though less potent, to amphetamines, heroin, and cocaine. These narcotics have similar mechanics, when introduced to the body, as caffeine does. Generally, caffeine is a milder stimulant than amphetamines, heroin, or cocaine, but employs similar methods of stimulus.

http://everything2.com/title/caffeine

Dopamine is pretty much what drives us, the core of our sexual drives and survival needs, and it motivates us to do just about everything.

Computer games: dopamine.

Heroin: dopamine.

Orgasm: dopamine.

Coffee:dopamine.

So because some people like taking drugs and become addicted we should see this addiction as a sickness which should be tret with free drugs ?

You don't mention the illegality involved.

The Home Office grants a license do heroin can be dispensed. That's what they did in Liverpool, where the cops said acquisitive crime plummeted.

http://everything2.com/title/caffeine

Dopamine is pretty much what drives us, the core of our sexual drives and survival needs, and it motivates us to do just about everything.

Computer games: dopamine.

Heroin: dopamine.

Orgasm: dopamine.

Coffee:dopamine.

Thankyou for reinforcing my point that a switch to coffee is all that is needed to break the addiction to illegal drug use.

Archived