Is heroin so passe?

Give the addict a prearranged amount, enough to get them through to their next meeting. The amount would be agreed by the doctor who is looking after him.

Didnt they try that with Methadone to no avail ? The hardcore addicts simply bought and sold it for the real thing. The hardcore quitters use Naltraxone which is an opiate blocker (oooh get me being all proffesional again) and an overdose by using the real mc coy is a real threat... Im sure that fruitisbad will substantiate this.

Didnt they try that with Methadone to no avail ? The hardcore addicts simply bought and sold it for the real thing. The hardcore quitters use Naltraxone which is an opiate blocker (oooh get me being all proffesional again) and an overdose by using the real mc coy is a real threat... Im sure that fruitisbad will substantiate this.

The professionals know it as opioid receptor antagonist. Have you ever known an addict to sell heroin, and what would they buy with the money?

In late 2006, the whole of Britain watched in horror as five vulnerable female prostitutes were, one by one over the course of one and half months, picked up off the streets of Ipswich and taken to their deaths. The last victim, Paula Clennell, was even seen on television stating that, despite news of the murders and despite being alerted to the fact a killer was on the loose, she would continue working the streets as she ‘‘needed the money’’ to fund her drug habit.

According to the Fawcett Society , 63% of women in prostitution report that they are doing so in order to fund a drug habit – the drug, in most cases, being heroin.

The solution for this group of remaining addicts is to provide a safe, clean supply of heroin (otherwise known as diamorphine), prescribed by a medical professional, allowing them to hold down a stable, unchaotic life, where they no longer have to burgle or prostitute themselves to fund their ineradicable habit.

Many of you may be reading this and thinking: what ‘safe, clean supply of heroin’?

But the truth is that unadulterated heroin is, in reality, a relatively safe drug: the only consequences being addiction itself and a bit of constipation.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/stuart-rodger/one-sure-way-to-reduce-prostitution-heroin-prescription

Well-functioning heroin addicts, included the children’s novelist Enid Bagnold, who died quietly in her bed at the of 91, having spent twelve years her life after a hip operation consuming up to 350 mg per day.

Two others of note include Dr William Stewart Halstead – widely regarded as the most pioneering surgeon in US history – and Dr Clive Froggatt, Margaret Thatcher’s health advisor (now an avowed champion of heroin prescription on the NHS).

I'd just like to clarify I'm not some hardcore smack head, but have been afficted to other drugs and know people who have beaten heroin and somewho still occasionally use it.

Methodone doesn't seem to have worked well, it's more addictive and like you say, people do it/sell it/both (don't ask). the best results seem to have been with something like buperenorphin (sp) basically an opiate that speciefically blocks heroin, so you can start on a fairly high dose so you wont get withdrawel symptoms, but going out and buying more gear is fruitless as it won't work, or will at least make you very sick.

And the idea is from this controlled dose you can ween yourself off over time.

Again this is just dealing with the phsysical addictiveness of this partivular substance. As I've said, there has got to be some underlying issue that makes someone want to be so out of it. Yes, heroin is an addictive drug but if you try it once you aren't going to wake up the next day ready to rob your nan for a bag. It wouldn't be for a while that you'd get any serious withdrawel symptoms, so what makes someone take heroin day on day on day until it's to late? well the answer to that is the real cure.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/stuart-rodger/one-sure-way-to-reduce-prostitution-heroin-prescription

Well-functioning heroin addicts, included the children’s novelist Enid Bagnold, who died quietly in her bed at the of 91, having spent twelve years her life after a hip operation consuming up to 350 mg per day.

Two others of note include Dr William Stewart Halstead – widely regarded as the most pioneering surgeon in US history – and Dr Clive Froggatt, Margaret Thatcher’s health advisor (now an avowed champion of heroin prescription on the NHS).

Just keep plugging it and promoting it like this,and it might just tempt a few others then the Pushers really would be laughing.:rant:

I'd just like to clarify I'm not some hardcore smack head, but have been afficted to other drugs and know people who have beaten heroin and somewho still occasionally use it.

Methodone doesn't seem to have worked well, it's more addictive and like you say, people do it/sell it/both (don't ask). the best results seem to have been with something like buperenorphin (sp) basically an opiate that speciefically blocks heroin, so you can start on a fairly high dose so you wont get withdrawel symptoms, but going out and buying more gear is fruitless as it won't work, or will at least make you very sick.

And the idea is from this controlled dose you can ween yourself off over time.

Again this is just dealing with the phsysical addictiveness of this partivular substance. As I've said, there has got to be some underlying issue that makes someone want to be so out of it. Yes, heroin is an addictive drug but if you try it once you aren't going to wake up the next day ready to rob your nan for a bag. It wouldn't be for a while that you'd get any serious withdrawel symptoms, so what makes someone take heroin day on day on day until it's to late? well the answer to that is the real cure.

Sorry if you took it that I inferred you as a hardcore smack head.. That was not the point. My point was that there are those that really want to give up a habit and there are those that will abuse the situation too. I am fully aware that you are an occasional user and that you will know the shady side of the business too. hence the referral to your good self.

Archived