Is heroin so passe?

. My point was that there are those that really want to give up a habit and there are those that will abuse the situation too.

There are also those that could sustain a heroin habit and lead peaceful, productive and law-abiding lives.

Heroin addicts receiving maintenance doses have found their lives to have been stabilised, and many undertake productive work. Nelson commented "Functional drug-abusing employees may work as productive members of a company for years without incident or detection. Cases have been documented of long-term heroin addicts with stable 10- and 20-year work histories."

http://www.idmu.co.uk/hemployment.htm

I'm not happy about anyone being a heroin user, I'd rather see them stop using heroin, so I support measures that help them stop.

Why, if according to you they could "sustain a heroin habit and lead peaceful, productive and law-abiding lives"?

You keep making bold statements but then when you're called on them you quickly back-track.

Why, if according to you they could "sustain a heroin habit and lead peaceful, productive and law-abiding lives"?

They can. This doesn't mean people should take heroin, that's why I support the measures that reduce usage. Saying people can take heroin and lead normal lives is not the same as saying people should take heroin.

Archived