Is heroin so passe?

The worse case scenario! You can say that again. I was replying to a post addressing mine.

There might be an even worse case scenario then that one, I havn't had chance to read your posts yet.

It's always interesting to hear another point of view, so what problems can you foresee with allowing the NHS to supply heroin to addicts instead of Methadone?

According to the news pharmacies are now being robbed at gun point and presription pain killers being stolen and sold on street corners for big money.

How do we solve that?r maybe the government could get involved controlling distribution to addicts by doling them out "carefully controlled" by agents working behind bullet proof glass windows

Sure to solve the crime problem and eliminate the dealers :hihi:

According to the news pharmacies are now being robbed at gun point and presription pain killers being stolen and sold on street corners for big money.

In America?

I think we can explain that by putting the words "private" and "health service" together. In Britain our pain killers cost some people nothing, and cost others £7.65 at the most. I don't think the same crime model would work here.

All that is moot anyway - because if we're giving clean safe opiates to people then they'd have no need to buy off anyone.

Keeping them addicted for one.

And supplying methadone doesn't already do this? Also, surely there is more chance that their scummy drug dealer would work harder to keep them addicted, and there is more support from the NHS on how to quit the addiction?

In America?

I think we can explain that by putting the words "private" and "health service" together. In Britain our pain killers cost some people nothing, and cost others £7.65 at the most. I don't think the same crime model would work here.

All that is moot anyway - because if we're giving clean safe opiates to people then they'd have no need to buy off anyone.

Are they clean and safe? Yes if they are used as the'yre meant to be and according to doctor's instructions but what about the air heads who are addicted to them and gobble them up like peppermints?

No responsible doctor is going to risk losing his license by writing up prescriptions just to satisfy addictions

Are they clean and safe? Yes if they are used as the'yre meant to be and according to doctor's instructions but what about the air heads who are addicted to them and gobble them up like peppermints?

No responsible doctor is going to risk losing his license by writing up prescriptions just to satisfy addictions

It happens all the time here in the UK with drug treatment programs, methadone is prescribed and administered to addicts.

Archived