Is heroin so passe?

It happens all the time here in the UK with drug treatment programs, methadone is prescribed and administered to addicts.

Treating an addict by feeding his addiction makes about as much sense as treating alcoholism by giving the patient a glass of his favourite tipple every day

The fact is that the government are copping out

Treating an addict by feeding his addiction makes about as much sense as treating alcoholism by giving the patient a glass of his favourite tipple every day

in a way you do treat alcoholism by continuing drinking.

If a heavy drinker stopped cold turkey there is a danger of seisures so you continue drinking, but reduce your intake over time.

Just another example of your complete ignorage of the subject.

It's been the treatment for countless years, so I don't believe that you can lay any blame on the government.

in a way you do treat alcoholism by continuing drinking.

If a heavy drinker stopped cold turkey there is a danger of seisures so you continue drinking, but reduce your intake over time.

Just another example of your complete ignorage of the subject.

It used to be that they did have to stop completely on a detox programme,and then were monitored, but it may be different now.

And what else did they believe in the twenties???

Your a genius, so show us why those clever people are now wrong 90 years later.

oh you can't, why's that? 'cos your not a genius at all your pretty much a fool for trying to argue against the truth with your special type of idiocy..

Another way to reduce drug related crime may be to imprison those convicted of drug offence and ensure they are drug free when released.

After release randomly drug test them and if they are found to have illegal substances in their system send them back to a more severe prison regime.

why go to all that effort?

create a criminal,

lock him up,

'cure' him,

then monitor him,(and lock him up)

just don't create that criminal.

Spend the money effort on exploring space or building swings and slides in the park etc

If giving him clean alcohol is cheaper than sending an alcoholic out to beg and steal for gut-rot alcohol that will ultimately cost us again - then it is eminently sensible. It's so sensible you've got no argument against it.

Prohibition doesn't work.

everything in the world changes your genetic make up.

Can you explain how? I'd say nothing changes my genetic make-up. I could pour heroin on my cornflakes for 10 years and my genome wouldn't vary in the slightest. I'm open to being wrong.

why go to all that effort?

create a criminal,

lock him up,

'cure' him,

then monitor him,(and lock him up)

just don't create that criminal.

Spend the money effort on exploring space or building swings and slides in the park etc

At present the criminal is creating themselves as they are aware what they are doing is illegal.

Except in medical cases it seems addicts have a self inflicted "illness".

I don't think the law will ever change because of the addictive nature of the drug and if tobacco was newly discovered it would be illegal because the detrimental effect on health.

The solution then must be more robust poilicing of the importers and dealers.

At present the criminal is creating themselves as they are aware what they are doing is illegal.

Except in medical cases it seems addicts have a self inflicted "illness".

I don't think the law will ever change because of the addictive nature of the drug and if tobacco was newly discovered it would be illegal because the detrimental effect on health.

The solution then must be more robust poilicing of the importers and dealers.

Have you ever heard of the theory that many drug addicts, legal or illegal, may start off on their road to addiction by self medicating for an underlying metal illness or emotional trauma?

The law really doesn't have to be changed as all that needs to happen is a shift from methadone to diamorphine being prescribed to addicts.

Archived