Is heroin so passe?

The idea that young women get pregnant to get housing is a complete myth as a study showed.

""The idea of teenage mothers who deliberately get pregnant to jump the housing queue is a myth, according to a new report.

In fact, only 10 per cent of the "small minority" of women who became mothers without forming any bond with the father, were living alone with their child in social housing six months after the birth, said the Economic and Social Research Council's centre on microsocial change.

Rather almost half these young mothers were still living with their parents six months later. And if their parents were living in social housing these girls were likely to leave home later than other mothers or those who remained childless.

While early motherhood substantially increased the chance that the woman would eventually move into social housing, she usually moved in with a partner.

Professor John Ermisch, author of the report said: "The phenomenon of young single mothers entering social housing is exaggerated by the media and popular discussion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/homes-study-explodes-single-mothers-myth-1317865.html

After reading varying views it makes me think that an addict may need mental hospital treatment to help them stop the addiction(obviously excluding those with medical needs).

The addiction is self inflicted after using the drug for an extended period during which the person knows of the legal and addictive consequences.

If withdrawal symtons are similar to a bad bout of flu breaking the habit should be possible if there is the will to do so.

Why would anyone want to be addicted to an illegal substance or be unable to exist without something that is not necessary to survive ?

Why would anyone want to be addicted to an illegal substance or be unable to exist without something that is not necessary to survive ?

Dopamine. The same reason people have sex, drink coffee, play computer games or drink beer.

How?

People on prescribed heroin can work, contribute to society and live peaceful, crime-free lives. The worst of the side-effects involve mild constipation.

People need to be prescibed heroin which is not the case in the other scenarios and are dependant on it to exist normally.

Why would anyone want to get into this position, or continue in it ?

People need to be prescibed heroin which is not the case in the other scenarios and are dependant on it to exist normally.

Why would anyone want to get into this position, or continue in it ?

I don't understand the first sentence. As to the second, look at any pub in England on a Saturday night. Why do people get drunk? Cos they like it! And alcohol is far more damaging than heroin, yet Cameron made money back when he was a slimy PR promoting all-you-can-drink nights! Cameron promoted a drug more dangerous than heroin.

I don't understand the first sentence. As to the second, look at any pub in England on a Saturday night. Why do people get drunk? Cos they like it! And alcohol is far more damaging than heroin, yet Cameron made money back when he was a slimy PR promoting all-you-can-drink nights! Cameron promoted a drug more dangerous than heroin.

My first sentence was making a comparison with other activities yo referred to as addictive.

Alcohol abuse needs to be policed better. When I was younger one could be arrested for being drunk in the street and the police regularly visited pubs. Unbeleivable the change in behaviour over the years and irresposible attitudes.

Whilst I am at it I would ban the sale of all tobacco products because of the damage they can do to a persons health.

You may be correct that heroin is less damaging to a person's health but it is the severe addictiveness that is the problem.

My first sentence was making a comparison with other activities yo referred to as addictive.

Alcohol abuse needs to be policed better. When I was younger one could be arrested for being drunk in the street and the police regularly visited pubs. Unbeleivable the change in behaviour over the years and irresposible attitudes.

Whilst I am at it I would ban the sale of all tobacco products because of the damage they can do to a persons health.

You may be correct that heroin is less damaging to a person but it is the severe addictiveness that is the problem.

Completely agree, it is against the law to serve alcohol to a drunk person, that law is flouted millions of times every week.

Archived