Is heroin so passe?

You claimed I said heroin ahould be avilable in supermarkets to anyone.

This is not true, I never said anything of the kind, you're making stuff up.

Where have I ever mentioned a supermarket in this thread, you are the one making stuff up.

lawbreakers are not the problem harvey- it's the laws that are the problem.

Sorry Dave but the lawbreakers are the problem.

Without them there would be no production, distribution or use of illegal addictive drugs.

Which would result in no addicts. Problem solved.

(medical cases excepted)

Sorry Dave but the lawbreakers are the problem.

Without them there would be no production, distribution or use of illegal addictive drugs.

Which would result in no addicts. Problem solved.

(medical cases excepted)

There will always be people using drugs. If there is prohibition then there will always therefore be lawbreakers.

Nothing you, the govt or anyone can do will change that- the existence of drug users is inevitable- there has never been a culture which has stopped drug use, there never will be.

There can however be cultures who don't prohibit drugs- without prohibition, most of the problems either dissapear or are vastly reduced.

And, removing prohibition is possible, unlike stopping people taking drugs, which, in sharp contrast, is not possible.

There will always be people using drugs. If there is prohibition then there will always therefore be lawbreakers.

Nothing you, the govt or anyone can do will change that- the existence of drug users is inevitable- there has never been a culture which has stopped drug use, there never will be.

There can however be cultures who don't prohibit drugs- without prohibition, most of the problems either dissapear or are vastly reduced.

And, removing prohibition is possible, unlike stopping people taking drugs, which, in sharp contrast, is not possible.

A very small minority of the population take illegal addictive drugs.

Removing prohibition will not eradicate addiction.

No country wants its citizens addicted to a substance they are dependant on and which is not necessary for life.

:lol: :lol: get serious- look at some facts

Removing prohibition will not eradicate addiction.

no-one's saying it will- they're saying that removing prohibition will vastly reduce the harm caused by prohibition and vastly reduce the crime caused by prohibition: and, they're not just saying it, they're quoting the actual evidence and facts that back it up.

No country wants its citizens addicted to a substance they are dependant on and which is not necessary for life.

???addiction is not a problem- I'm addicted to tea: like most of the UKs population if deprived of tea (or, for some, coffee) I'll experience withdrawal symptoms and caffeine headaches. It's not a problem.

Neither would heroin addiction, if there was access to regulated and pure heroin.

Addiction is only a problem if the addictive substance is harmful.

Does this concept relate to rapists, paedophiles, thieves and murderers too?

Oh I see, make it legal and there will be less illegality.

Alcohol is legal, look at all the problems we have there!

You may be mistaken in your assertion if these people are to be believed.

It is estimated that over 11 million people aged 16 to 59 in England and Wales have used illicit drugs in their lifetime while less than three and a half million are estimated to have used illicit drugs in the last year and approximately two million in the last month.

Does this concept relate to rapists, paedophiles, thieves and murderers too?

Oh I see, make it legal and there will be less illegality.

Alcohol is legal, look at all the problems we have there!

Great idea that isn't it, make something illegal legal and voila! instant crime reduction. Genius.

Archived