Is heroin so passe?

I never said the Doctor should give it them. That's a whole new train of thought.

Your post 574.

Where would they get the pure heroin from ?

Why wouldn't their friends also go to this supplier ?

How would this reduce the number of new users ?

Possibly it could increase the number of users and addicts as it would make the use more acceptable.

Why would this stop addiction ?

But if it's not being supplied by say a Doctor (or other legally assigned persons), then whoever will still have to go to the illegal dealers!

Who won't have a market because addicts can go and get free heroin.

The anti-prohibition argument doesn't have a solution to people starting taking drugs, mainly because there isn't one solid route into opiate use. I'm open to other interpretations though.

Who won't have a market because addicts can go and get free heroin.

The anti-prohibition argument doesn't have a solution to people starting taking drugs, mainly because there isn't one solid route into opiate use. I'm open to other interpretations though.

Right, since everybody else who has mentioned FREE heroin has retracted and denied ever saying it, i'm quoting you!

So would you agree that wino's (street alcoholics) would turn to things like free heroin, or are you going to give alcohol away for free too?

Your post 574.

I never said the Doctor should give it to young people. My point was that if they wanted to try opiates, they would speak to a doctor. That is not saying that the Doctor should just hand them over without question.

Where would they get the pure heroin from ?

Why would this stop addiction ?

Where would young people get pure heroin from? It's all hypothetical ... so I don't know. It wouldn't stop addiction, but it would certainly give addicts a safe clean supply.

So would you agree that wino's (street alcoholics) would turn to things like free heroin, or are you going to give alcohol away for free too?

What leads you to believe that alcoholics would suddenly ditch booze for heroin?

We give away free opiates now. It hasn't ended alcoholism.

Alcoholics also have a clean supply of the drug, for they can buy it in shops. Their addiction is very damaging, but it isn't the product that is crippling them. It's their abuse of it that is damaging them.

Reflecting on what the goverment would do is not irrelevant its important.

I'm talking about youmg people,teenagers.those who are likely to wish to try heroin. If it was made legal as some of you are proposing it should be,and supplied in pure form. How should it be supplied to them?

Ideally if it was legal they would not wish to try it,as it would no longer be the forbidden fruit,but thats an assumption of no certainty.

We want to be certain that every angle is considered by the goverment Chris,and everthing is thought through thats all i'm saying.

It would be supplied like any other drug- packaged with info about quantity of active substance, safe ways to take it and any health issues associated with it: supplied by a person qualified to do so.

Just as all regulated drugs are i.e. paracetemol, alcohol and prescribed drugs.

As for the 'forbidden fruit' part- the fact that usage tends to drop when the drug is legal- it's no assumption, it's the conclusion of many studies that have examined what happens when a country decides to scrap prohibition

Archived