Is heroin so passe?

I can't disagree, but there is a contradiction in saying that drug pushers will want people addicted to a product that addicts get for free.

It's a grey area. :)

It's not, because many won't want to go to clinics or other types of shooting galleries, they'll want to do it when and where they want to.

Hence why I went to lengths to use and explain the term "wino".

Okay, I'll nickname this "a quick end".

Winos, who are alcoholics, will keep drinking alcohol because that is the drug they are addicted to.

Just like smokers, who are addicted to nicotine, don't become alcoholics when they have a pint of lager.

It would be supplied like any other drug- packaged with info about quantity of active substance, safe ways to take it and any health issues associated with it: supplied by a person qualified to do so.

Just as all regulated drugs are i.e. paracetemol, alcohol and prescribed drugs.

As for the 'forbidden fruit' part- the fact that usage tends to drop when the drug is legal- it's no assumption, it's the conclusion of many studies that have examined what happens when a country decides to scrap prohibition

So a yougster cpuld go and buy a substance that is known to cause an addiction just for fun use ?

This could easily create more people dependant on an addictive drug.

Do you really want to create drug addicts as your supply solution could easily do so.

Okay, I'll nickname this "a quick end".

Winos, who are alcoholics, will keep drinking alcohol because that is the drug they are addicted to.

Just like smokers, who are addicted to nicotine, don't become alcoholics when they have a pint of lager.

Smoking is a little different, the high is very different, nothing like drunk, high, etc...

Go down to the Cathedral, outside the Cremorne, etc and ask if any of them have tried heroin, many have and will if offered!

Heroin is probably even better than alcohol for people who want to shut the world out!

We give away free opiates now. It hasn't ended alcoholism.

Alcoholics also have a clean supply of the drug, for they can buy it in shops. Their addiction is very damaging, but it isn't the product that is crippling them. It's their abuse of it that is damaging them.

And, the levels of damage are way, way lower than would be the case if they were getting their alcohol from illegal sources in the form of moonshine.

Yes, people who abuse legal alcohol will reap the health issues, but, the majority of users who don't abuse it, won't.

The point is, that with a regulated source, it's possible to use it relatively safely: with a unregulated criminal source, it's not possible.

Smoking is a little different

In that it's an addictive drug that refutes your point.

Heroin is probably even better than alcohol for people who want to shut the world out!

Yet that's not refuted my point. Alcoholics are addicted to alcohol, so that is the drug they need. No amount of free diamorphine will stop them being addicted to alcohol.

Archived