Is heroin so passe?

Where have I ever mentioned a supermarket in this thread, you are the one making stuff up.

Where have I ever mentioned a supermarket in this thread, you are the one making stuff up.

3 times you asked. Why? I'm not sure.

You brought it up when you wrote in this post...

'As for the free thing you're banging on about, when will this be the issue?'

Then posted a link to alcohol pricing in supermarkets...

"What we need to do is to set a price that is actually going to ensure that we don't damage responsible drinkers. People who like a drink or two, who like going down their local pub, have nothing to fear from this policy."

Ministers say the minimum pricing could help pubs because it would stop supermarkets offering cheaper alternatives.

What is wrong with trying to help someone by encouraging positive thinking ?

Nothing- I never said there was :confused:

You appeared somewhat confused- what you said was-

I suggested addicts may be better served by mental health services to instill a will to stop the addiction rather than maintaining the addiction by supplying them with drugs

which is a very different thing.

You need to understand that you can't force someone to stop being an addict.

You can help them- if they want to be helped.

Usually though, that would involve, ititially, helping them to manage their addiction, to help them to feed their addiction in the least health damaging ways (again, only if they want that help).

But you couldn't do that, could you? Because, if you're being honest, your priority is not helping addicts per se- you're only interested in helping them if they cease to be addicts.

3 times you asked. Why? I'm not sure.

You brought it up when you wrote in this post...

'As for the free thing you're banging on about, when will this be the issue?'

Then posted a link to alcohol pricing in supermarkets...

I never mentioned a supermarket, you're clutching at straws!

The link was on about pricing issues!

EDIT:

The three times post was because ferno was ignoring the question after accusing me of something I haven't done!

Since I've never suggested that heroin should be sold in supermarkets, or freely available to anyone then I don't see any relevance to this link either.

Well many have in this thread!

Nobody has suggested anything of the kind, you're posting stuff that isn't true.

You keep making up points nobody's raised.

Free does not mean freely available.

I even quoted Chris_Sleeps today! Others have and inferred it too! It was pushed as a reason which would stop all drug related crimes... I believe one of fernos was the use of the Liverpool trials, for example!

FREELY AVAILABLE is what you claimed. Nobody's said that:

Many of you may be reading this and thinking: what ‘safe, clean supply of heroin’?

But the truth is that unadulterated heroin is, in reality, a relatively safe drug: the only consequences being addiction itself and a bit of constipation. It may seem shocking at first, riddled as the British press is with misinformation about drugs, but the distinguished investigative journalist Nick Davies ↑ has conducted a detailed study into this, highlighting large scientific studies of unadulterated heroin users.

He states: ‘The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine ↑ records that a large proportion of the illness experienced by blackmarket heroin addicts is caused by wound infection, septicaemia, and infective endocarditis, all due to unhygienic injection technique’. (But, given that street h

Heroin has a purity of between 20-90%, it’s probably wise not to go near it).

http://www.opendemocracy.net/stuart-rodger/one-sure-way-to-reduce-prostitution-heroin-prescription

Up until the 1960s, this was common practice in the UK, and so successful it was replicated throughout the world as the famous ‘British method’, only ending in the wake of Richard Nixon’s global ‘war on drugs’.

Returning to this model would mean fewer families unnecessarily torn apart, and, crucially, far fewer women having to enter to prostitution, keeping them safe from disease, destitution, and death.

It was pushed as a reason which would stop all drug related crimes... I believe one of fernos was the use of the Liverpool trials, for example!

You're posting claims that are not true and you're making up quotes nobody made. Nobody said it stops all crime, and the Howard Mark's scheme was for addicts:

In Liverpool, during the early 1990s, Dr John Marks used a special Home Office licence to prescribe heroin to addicts. Police reported a 96% reduction in acquisitive crime among a group of addict patients. Deaths from locally acquired HIV infection and drug-related overdoses fell to zero. But, under intense pressure from the government, the project was closed down. In its 10 years' work, not one of its patients had died. In the first two years after it was closed, 41 died.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2001/jun/14/drugsandalcohol.socialsciences

Stop claiming I've said stuff I haven't said.

If addicts get a clean, safe supply they don't NEED to steal anything. Know how much acquisitive crime the cops say is drug-related? 80%

Tell me why you'd oppose an 80% reduction in the acquisitive crime rate in your neighbourhood!

So how do they pay for it? Oh acquisitive crime?

Archived