Is heroin so passe?

As in the addict still has to pay for the drugs!

The NHS would pay for the drug, not the addict.

Whether a charge would be made for a prescription or not is another matter. We have got to 33 pages and we've only just finished eliminating supermarket obsessions and other such nonsense.

The NHS would pay for the drug, not the addict.

Whether a charge would be made for a prescription or not is another matter. We have got to 33 pages and we've only just finished eliminating supermarket obsessions and other such nonsense.

So is that free then?

P.S. You inferred supermarkets!

No, i'm for prohibition over decriminalisation, but would support full legalisation, otherwise I can't see how it will work.

Nor can i. For cannabis perhaps? but not for heroin.

I still consider it to be a dangerous drug,for recreation.(in the long term)

Nor can i. For cannabis perhaps? but not for heroin.

I still consider it to be a dangerous drug,for recreation.(in the long term)

The only way to do it is to completely regulate the dealers and supply.

Make the drug too cheap and we'll have the same problems that we do with cheap alcohol.

I am inclined to agree about just cannabis, but the principle applies equally to all drugs.

If the addict is unemployed wont they get their prescriptions for free?

Sorry, are you saying they should be given it free?

If they currently don't pay for any of their current medications, yes. diamorphine isn't an expensive drug.

Just making things clear so that I can't be accused of being a liar later!

The only way to do it is to completely regulate the dealers and supply.

Make the drug too cheap and we'll have the same problems that we do with cheap alcohol.

I am inclined to agree about just cannabis, but the principle applies equally to all drugs.

Why do you think if the drug is free we'll have the same problems that we do with cheap alcohol, considering that it will still be a class a controlled drug that it would still be illegal for if you held it without a valid prescription?

Nobody has suggested that we make diamorphine's legal situation comparable with alcohol.

Just making things clear so that I can't be accused of being a liar later!

Please note, I have never said freely available. It should still remain a class a controlled drug that would be illegal to hold without a valid prescription.

Archived