Is heroin so passe?

Why do you think if the drug is free we'll have the same problems that we do with cheap alcohol, considering that it will still be a class a controlled drug that it would still be illegal for if you held it without a valid prescription?

Because it'd be easy to register as an addict and why not since it's free or cheaper than alcohol.

And if the Doctors were to start turning loads away denying them heroin then there would still be a black market!

Because it'd be easy to register as an addict and why not since it's free or cheaper than alcohol.

And if the Doctors were to start turning loads away denying them heroin then there would still be a black market!

I think that's a value judgement that you're making that really doesn't have any basis in reality.

Please answer this question. If what you're suggesting was true, why don't alcoholics currently do this with methadone, which is available for free as an addict from the NHS?

I think that's a value judgement that you're making that really doesn't have any basis in reality.

Please answer this question. If what you're suggesting was true, why don't alcoholics currently do this with methadone, which is available for free as an addict from the NHS?

Some do, i've known many alcohols turn to heroin, at least take it whenever offered! As said earlier, go stand outside the Cremorne on London road and see how many wino's go in for their methadone!

Also many people really don't like methadone.

Some do, i've known many alcohols turn to heroin, at least take it whenever offered! As said earlier, go stand outside the Cremorne on London road and see how many wino's go in for their methadone!

Also many people really don't like methadone.

Maybe they're winos that are trying to stop taking heroin?

Maybe they're winos that are trying to stop taking heroin?

Maybe some are, but from my experience many were wino's and on the street before they tried heroin to keep out the cold.

Also they'd try anything if they could get their hands on it, think purple meths! Not that i've seen anyone holding a bottle of them on the Peace Gardens for a decade or so!

So is that free then?

I've answered this in the post that you've just quoted. Why ask it again?

-

P.S. You inferred supermarkets!

This obsession with supermarkets was started by you. Why keep going on about it?

I'm just making sure things are clear, so I can't be accused of stating something that I didn't.

Don't bank on it.

Maybe some are, but from my experience many were wino's and on the street before they tried heroin to keep out the cold.

From the sound of it, their motivation for their addiction does seem to be very complicated, judging them by their situation. So I would assert that it's wrong to suggest that their opiod use was down to the availability of free methadone.

Archived