Is heroin so passe?

that set some memories off me

I remember sitting with my dying dad in the cancer ward at the northern general in 77/78 ,14 beds and one tv that didn't work :roll:

thats about the only thing he looked foward too ,brandy flavour was is favorite .one thing that used to confuse me was that it used to take away a lot of the pain from the stomach cancer that he had ,but not the pain of the bed sores ?

plus he'd usually start to hallucinate after he took them and see all kinds of things ,was that the norm?

At a guess, because the pain was taken away 'internally' (including mentally), but the stimulant effect if it was more a constituent of the formula, meant that external feeling was more prominent... for example, if you held their hand, it wouldn't feel numb to him, it would actually be more sensuous.

plus he'd usually start to hallucinate after he took them and see all kinds of things ,was that the norm?

It was quite commonplace for people, having just drunk a cocktail of heroin, cocaine and alcohol, to start hallucinating. :hihi:

They were for good reason only given to people in the terminal stages of an illness, to relieve unbearable pain.

but I smoked heroin yesterday, didn't kill anyone, scrounge a benefit, or harm anyone ein any way, but accortding to some I shoul dbe put to death :D

I recall you said on the other thread you were no longer taking drugs fruitisbad?

Not that its any of my business, just a comment not passing judgement.As long as you are functioning okay thats the main thing.

I remember sitting with my dying dad in the cancer ward at the northern general in 77/78 ,14 beds and one tv that didn't work :roll:

thats about the only thing he looked foward too ,brandy flavour was is favorite .one thing that used to confuse me was that it used to take away a lot of the pain from the stomach cancer that he had ,but not the pain of the bed sores ?

Each person would be affected differently,but i believe confusion was a common side effect which may have been the reason for it being discontinued.

I'm sorry if it has stirred sad memories John. .

Each person would be affected differently,but i believe confusion was a common side effect which may have been the reason for it being discontinued.

I'm sorry if it has stirred sad memories John. .

more anger than sad memories , having just visited someone in hospital in amsterdam (I was working there then} and australia .

just compering the quality in standards between countrys and how bad it had got in england. my father had been wounded twice in the war and there were other veterans in that ward that deserved a lot better than that.

At a guess, because the pain was taken away 'internally' (including mentally), but the stimulant effect if it was more a constituent of the formula, meant that external feeling was more prominent... for example, if you held their hand, it wouldn't feel numb to him, it would actually be more sensuous.

yes that was exactly how it was

It was quite commonplace for people, having just drunk a cocktail of heroin, cocaine and alcohol, to start hallucinating. :hihi:

They were for good reason only given to people in the terminal stages of an illness, to relieve unbearable pain.

the cleverest boy in the class strikes again :roll:

Lets not beat arround the bush here. All drugs are dangerous.

Cigarettes, alcohol, cannabis, LSD, cocaine, cannabis. All drugs are dangerous. Even caffeine. If you take too much of any drug, you are going to damage your body.

The point is, how can we make the drugs trade safer and less costly.

We could start by decriminalising all drugs. A prison is not the right place for a heroin addict to be. If anything, it's probably easier to get drugs behind bars than on the street. Rehabilitation and a safe supply of clean drugs and needles are what heroin addicts need.

As for the cocaine trade, more people are killed or put in prison through the illegal production and trafficking than by taking the drug it's self.

It's a silly, useless, expensive and dangerous system that we have in place at the moment. It needs to change.

Archived