Is there a Rave going on?

The usual place is the canal area behind Don Valley stadium. Access through the overflow car parking area which is on a left turn after you go under the bridges on Worksop Road coming from the stadium. Is it still going on?

The usual place is the canal area behind Don Valley stadium. Access through the overflow car parking area which is on a left turn after you go under the bridges on Worksop Road coming from the stadium. Is it still going on?

I left house at 11 i'd had enough of listening to it, it was still going then. Its not so bad in day but early hours of this morning when it woke us up I wasn't impressed. I saw reports in paper last may when i've looked saying police raided one in same area and made arrests. I cant understand why they wouldnt do anything last night. I just kept thinking it will stop soon but it never did. I have one tired two year old today bless him.

I was hearing bass thumping noises at 3am that lasted a while.

In my case it could of just been some pillock with their car stereo on for a while though.

lol. You do get people making a noise now and again. I thought it was just one of neighbours having a party at first which you don't mind sometimes. When it got to 5am though and it was still going on, oh dear.

Hi,

Yes, there was an event going on at Speedwell Works on Sydney Street in Sheffield. This event happens on average once a month and is a nightmare for any residents that can hear it. The event has taken place for around 18 months now and happens as a result of the Police licensing department issuing a 72 hour temporary event notice, even though the council may object, say environmental health, i.e. noise nuisance, only the Police licensing Department can revoke a temporary event notice and this must be on the grounds of crime or disorder, relating to the premises! So what should happen is this, I call the out of hours noise service, via the council/Police 101 service. They then send somebody around to monitor the noise from both my premises and the event location (Speedwell Works). Take a noise reading and then take action based on that reading. Sounds simple enough. Unfortunately It did take a fair few months to get to the stage where enough was enough and I got in my car at 6.15am having listened to this noise all night and I drove in my car to locate the source of the noise. It did not take long to locate the premises (as it was that loud) and I was then in a position to contact the Council to pursue a resolution. Problem being that I am still waiting for said Council to resolve this issue as they so far have failed miserably. On one of the many occasions where I called 101 and actually asked for a call back from out of hours service I was informed at 2am that they would not be able to attend as they were completing their paperwork in the office! Sorry but cynically maybe I thought to myself typical Council! Anyway as it stands the Police allow temp event notices and if there are any problems other than public order, the Council will attend and deal with anything, say noise for instance. Unfortunately they only work until 3am, which is when the volume (surprise surprise) really cranks up and to say that I live 1.5 miles away from the venue, my windows vibrate with the bass! It is literally like somebody banging a hammer on the outside of my house! The bass is incredible and this adds another question, Who is liable for the damage to the attendees of such events, interesting point as the Police allow these events to take place with little planning for such things as safeguarding H+S etc?? Anyway another subject for another time maybe, I ultimately just want to sleep on every Saturday night throughout the year and not be woken with bass all night from 3am until 7.20am as it was this morning. Then I have my 2 year old waking at 7.30am! What great timing!! So please complain to the contact below as he cannot understand why nobody else has complained, but of course thinking about this would anybody call to report loud music if they had no idea of the location. Probably not, as I did they will put up with it , until they snap and jump in there car and go in search of the source of the problem. Remember this is not a temporary event, its here to stay unless people report it. I know some friend who have heard it that live in the Woodseats Road area so I am sure this will be heard far and wide. The contact to speak to is as follows:Bob Singh or in his absence Paul Thornton on 01142734661.

paul.thornton@sheffield.gov.uk

bob.singh@sheffield.gov.uk

Environmental Protection Officer

Environmental Protection Service

Sheffield City Council

2-10 Carbrook Hall Road

Sheffield

S9 2DB

Tel +44 (0)114 273 4658

Fax +44 (0) 114 273 6464

Hi,

Yes, there was an event going on at Speedwell Works on Sydney Street in Sheffield. This event happens on average once a month and is a nightmare for any residents that can hear it. The event has taken place for around 18 months now and happens as a result of the Police licensing department issuing a 72 hour temporary event notice, even though the council may object, say environmental health, i.e. noise nuisance, only the Police licensing Department can revoke a temporary event notice and this must be on the grounds of crime or disorder, relating to the premises! So what should happen is this, I call the out of hours noise service, via the council/Police 101 service. They then send somebody around to monitor the noise from both my premises and the event location (Speedwell Works). Take a noise reading and then take action based on that reading. Sounds simple enough. Unfortunately It did take a fair few months to get to the stage where enough was enough and I got in my car at 6.15am having listened to this noise all night and I drove in my car to locate the source of the noise. It did not take long to locate the premises (as it was that loud) and I was then in a position to contact the Council to pursue a resolution. Problem being that I am still waiting for said Council to resolve this issue as they so far have failed miserably. On one of the many occasions where I called 101 and actually asked for a call back from out of hours service I was informed at 2am that they would not be able to attend as they were completing their paperwork in the office! Sorry but cynically maybe I thought to myself typical Council! Anyway as it stands the Police allow temp event notices and if there are any problems other than public order, the Council will attend and deal with anything, say noise for instance. Unfortunately they only work until 3am, which is when the volume (surprise surprise) really cranks up and to say that I live 1.5 miles away from the venue, my windows vibrate with the bass! It is literally like somebody banging a hammer on the outside of my house! The bass is incredible and this adds another question, Who is liable for the damage to the attendees of such events, interesting point as the Police allow these events to take place with little planning for such things as safeguarding H+S etc?? Anyway another subject for another time maybe, I ultimately just want to sleep on every Saturday night throughout the year and not be woken with bass all night from 3am until 7.20am as it was this morning. Then I have my 2 year old waking at 7.30am! What great timing!! So please complain to the contact below as he cannot understand why nobody else has complained, but of course thinking about this would anybody call to report loud music if they had no idea of the location. Probably not, as I did they will put up with it , until they snap and jump in there car and go in search of the source of the problem. Remember this is not a temporary event, its here to stay unless people report it. I know some friend who have heard it that live in the Woodseats Road area so I am sure this will be heard far and wide. The contact to speak to is as follows:Bob Singh or in his absence Paul Thornton on 01142734661.

paul.thornton@sheffield.gov.uk

bob.singh@sheffield.gov.uk

Environmental Protection Officer

Environmental Protection Service

Sheffield City Council

2-10 Carbrook Hall Road

Sheffield

S9 2DB

Tel +44 (0)114 273 4658

Fax +44 (0) 114 273 6464

Oh no your joking aren't you, april fool? I think i'm about same distance away I live on that new Horizon estate near Don Valley Stadium. We moved in nearly 6 months ago. My son is 20 months and he kept stirring through it and then got up at 5am so hes been very tired and not himself today. I think I may have heard it before you know but I thought it was one of neignbours on street it was that loud. My husband had work today aswel, he went for a walk and found it cos I sent him to look whos house itwas to tell them to shut up and it turned out it wasn't a house. He said there was people sat near canal causing a nuisance. When we spoke to 101 we was told the noise department wasnt there after 3am. Weve just spent alot fo money buying this house, I dont wana listen to that all time. I'l be on phone to council in the morning. I cant see them doing alot though. If they sort it bet it takes months. We nearly didnt ring 101 though because I said we cant report noise if we dont know where its from we'l look stupid.

I was hearing bass thumping noises at 3am that lasted a while.

In my case it could of just been some pillock with their car stereo on for a while though.

That's what I thought, but after it had gone on for an hour or so, I went out to look for the souce of the noise and couldn't find it (although I did manage to frighten some poor kids coming home out of their drink-addled wits with my bathrobe-and-wellies combo and fierce face. It's a look meant to strike fear into anyone stopping me from getting my sleep, and sometimes it affects the innocent. Sorry.).

If the rave can be heard over such a wide area, all the attendees are heading for a lifetime of tinnitus and the associated sleep problems. As I am short of sleep and long on crossness, that thought gives me far more pleasure than it should.

Archived