Is there a Rave going on?

hear the Darnall noise regularly and have called 101 on numerous occasion, it is about time it was stopped or regulated much better. It is one of those things where if you manage to get to sleep and get into a nice deep sleep before it kicks in then you never notice it, but if you dont, then the thump thump thump gets into your head and keeps you awake all night, which is terrible if you have little kids or work to go to the next day. It also depends on which way the wind is blowing the noise - I heard it very far away on Sunday around 7am but have heard it coming from the same place sounding 20 times louder in the past. Maybe speaking to local councillors might be a step in the right direction, but the ones on the canal have been going on at least 10 years I think.

It sounds like the venue needs better sound insulation or something, maybe moved somewhere else further away from houses, but is it really that bad? It's not every night, it's a fair distance from any houses, it's only the odd night at weekends. Some of you sound like you've never had any fun. Buy some ear plugs if your sleep is that sensitive.

It sounds like the venue needs better sound insulation or something, maybe moved somewhere else further away from houses, but is it really that bad? It's not every night, it's a fair distance from any houses, it's only the odd night at weekends. Some of you sound like you've never had any fun. Buy some ear plugs if your sleep is that sensitive.

yes it is that bad its practically around my corner (the one at darnall on near don valley stadium, not the speedwell one) n its out in open so there's no sound barrier. 3am until 11am. Come round next time its on and see if you can sleep. I go out and have a good time but in city centre or somewhere that doesn't bother other ppl. Why shud my little boy have to b kept awake by them. I didn't buy a flat on west street.

Archived