Car stolen or not Advice Needed please

Hi

I went to buy a car yestoday and fell in love with it amazing car everything I've wanted did a hpi check and it came back as been stolen in April 2010 alarm bells ringing I asked to see the log book*

The strange bit the car had been taxed the day before at the dvla office direct also the car has had 2 previous owners after April 2010

The owner said the marker was on the car due to the wheels been stolen so soon as i got home I paid for a RAC check it came back saying

VrM *currently recoreded by the insurance company as a theft*

But the VRM was totaly clear with the police*

All the vin numbers are there intact and match the reg ect so who can I inform to cover my back before a buy this car ? Would my insureance tell me would the police know ?*

Thank you*

Guest sibon

I'd buy a different car. It might well be legitimate, but why risk your money.

Oh, some further advice. Never fall in love with a car that you are thinking of buying. That way lies bad decisions.

I'm with everyone else- walk away. It may be fine, but it's going to put off at least half of all potential buyers when it comes to selling it and if it turns out that it's really stolen then you will have forked out just for it to be seized and your money will be gone.

And as sibon says, make decisions based on your head, not your heart.

perhaps a chat with the police would be in order.

if the car really is stolen then i'm sure they would be interested and you might even get a reward :)

if the car isn't stolen then you will know for certain it isn't and you may be able to get the erroneous records corrected.

Hi

I went to buy a car yestoday and fell in love with it amazing car everything I've wanted did a hpi check and it came back as been stolen in April 2010 alarm bells ringing I asked to see the log book*

The strange bit the car had been taxed the day before at the dvla office direct also the car has had 2 previous owners after April 2010

The owner said the marker was on the car due to the wheels been stolen so soon as i got home I paid for a RAC check it came back saying

VrM *currently recoreded by the insurance company as a theft*

But the VRM was totaly clear with the police*

All the vin numbers are there intact and match the reg ect so who can I inform to cover my back before a buy this car ? Would my insureance tell me would the police know ?*

Thank you*

i think the op has done that

Archived