Revocation / Suspension of a Driving Licence

i was going 34 and 35 on 30 speed limit. got cought on the same camera within 2 weeks. and it was a work vehicle. not my own car. :(

so...

you were still speeding

you chose to break the limit and so you should be man (or woman) enough to take the consequences.

and if you are dumb enough to get caught by the same camera then you really do deserve all you get.

i was going 34 and 35 on 30 speed limit. got cought on the same camera within 2 weeks. and it was a work vehicle. not my own car. :(

it sounds as though the actual offences took place within your first 2 years of passing your test.

The whereabouts of the camera's and the vehicle you were driving are irrelevent (other than to suggest it was a bit silly driving past a known speed camera over the legal speed limit twice)

it counts from the date of the offence

They're not wrong:

Revocation of licences and re-testing

2 Surrender of licences.

(1)Subsection (2) applies where—

• (a)a person is the holder of a licence;
  • (b)he is convicted of an offence involving obligatory endorsement;
  • ©the penalty points to be taken into account under section 29 of the M2Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 on that occasion number six or more;
  • (d)the court makes an order falling within section 44(1)(b) of that Act in respect of the offence;
  • (e)the person’s licence shows the date on which he became a qualified driver, or that date has been shown by other evidence in the proceedings; and
  • (f)it appears to the court, in the light of the order and the date so shown, that the offence was committed during the person’s probationary period.

Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995

Save yourself a phonecall.

You're license has been revoked.

If you are absolutely sure of what the Judge's intentions were, you could appeal and ask for a short disqualification instead of the points.

The revocation can be postponed pending outcome of appeal.

Archived