Police activity at Malin Bridge 1 April 2012

Just a style point, but you shouldn't start a sentence with 'One eye-witness said...' because people will unconsciously read it as saying the witness only had one eye. If you start with 'An eye-witness said...' you don't have that problem!

Just a style point, but you shouldn't start a sentence with 'One eye-witness said...' because people will unconsciously read it as saying the witness only had one eye. If you start with 'An eye-witness said...' you don't have that problem!

Disagree.

It would have to read 'A one-eyed witness' as opposed to 'One eye-witness'.

Thus, the writer's grammar is correct.

Disagree.

I didn't say it wasn't, if you read my post. It's just the juxtaposition of one and eye which makes it look strange.

Disagree.

Except that eyewitness shouldn't be hyphenated. If it was written correctly as "one eyewitness", it wouldn't look odd.

The guy who was stabbed is a friend of mine, he is ok.... it is not life-threatening, thank god! He knew the guy who stabbed him, a so called mate but they had fallen out a few weeks prior to this. I still don't understand how anybody can stab someone! It is crazy! I'm just glad he is ok.

Archived