Speedwell Works noise nuisance

I hear the Darnall noise regularly and have called 101 on numerous occasion, it is about time it was stopped or regulated much better. It is one of those things where if you manage to get to sleep and get into a nice deep sleep before it kicks in then you never notice it, but if you dont, then the thump thump thump gets into your head and keeps you awake all night, which is terrible if you have little kids or work to go to the next day. It also depends on which way the wind is blowing the noise - I heard it very far away on Sunday around 7am but have heard it coming from the same place sounding 20 times louder in the past. Maybe speaking to local councillors might be a step in the right direction, but the ones on the canal have been going on at least 10 years I think.

• 2 weeks later...
I drove along Woodburn Rd about 45 mins ago and the rave is taking place On the grassland next to the Woodburn Athletics Centre.

Is that the field opposite Pitz? Thats the one I was thinking of, I'm sure I've seen police using it before to exersize police dogs x

I live miles way and I can hear it. I rang 101 they said they (the Police) couldn't do anything about it as it was "An Environmental Health issue and they finish at 3am". So if you like stuff like this cool! But if you can't sleep, feel knackered, have a lot to do to

day and you are really annoyed at how inconsiderate people can be - TOUGH.

ps 101 told me it was on Wooodland Road which is in Meersbrook?

Archived