Old Fashioned Sweet shops in Sheffield

Would recommend the little sweetie shop on Ecclesall Road South, opposite the huge CofE church, by the lights for Carterknowle road, can't remember the name.

The sweet shop is called 'Choclate Box' and they do really nice stuff.

Granelli's also go to a lot of local outdoor events during spring/summer!!!

The stall on the Moor is fantastic.

I'm not a big fan of Bassett's All Sorts (too much coconut) but I do like those ones that are about the size and shape of 10p pieces, made of licorice, coated in coloured sugar-flavoured pieces.

you can buy those by the ounce at that stall on the Moor!

• 2 years later...

To celebrate the fact I'm off to Granellis tomorrow (for 'blast from the past' purposes) I thought it worth putting this thread on top of the pile.

Never been before but read some top comments. You'd never believe I only live 5 minutes drive away lol

the shop in crosspool sells all the old 'swats'....cola cubes, yorkshire mix,sherbert,cherry lips, bonbons, edable necklaces, wine gums, pear drops, floral gums etc. etc.......mmmmmm!! The man in there is lovely and knows his stuff when it comes down to the old sweets. It's next door to charisma.

I used to go into the sweet shop at bottom of Duke Street in the 1950's when I was a child every Saturday.

Mum, Dad, my sister and me would get off the bus at the bottom of Duke street and go into the shop to buy our weekly treat, (sherbet lemons and sugared almonds as I remember) then we'd walk and have a look at the boats on the canal as we made our way to Waingate to catch the second bus up to Southey Green to see my Grandparents

Lovely memories.

• 3 months later...

I'm off to Granelli's in about 15 minutes,

i went last week with my friends and im off now.

It's the best sweet shop on the whole entire planet.

So many old sweets that my parents remember and only a 12 minute tram drive away !

Love this shop

If anyone wants to go it's opposite ponds forge off the roundabout:thumbsup:

dont make urself sick! :gag:

Would recommend the little sweetie shop on Ecclesall Road South, opposite the huge CofE church, by the lights for Carterknowle road, can't remember the name.

Does all the fancy Belgian chocolates you would expect in this neighbourhood,e but also offers all the classics in jars. There is something evocative of my childhood hearing the rattle of the boiled sweets hitting the scales. I love blackcurrant and licquorice.

The Chocolate Bar

• 3 weeks later...

Archived