Old Fashioned Sweet shops in Sheffield

• 10 months later...

Granellis has been open for many years my mum went to school with the now owners which are brother and sister Rosetta and Peter but the shop was run by their parents i think before that, they used to have a stall in the sheaf market (near ladies toilet) that sold bread and sweets. they also had ice cream vans going around sheffield selling their icecream and Rosetta sold very nice Judlees the shop hasnt changed much.

And the best chip shop in sheffields used to be across the road until it was knocked down for the developments RITAS chippy was very good

Wow this is an old one. I was in Rawtenstall yesterday and it appears there is a Granellis ice cream/sweet shop there as well - their website says they have been there since 1928 but are they the same? The ice cream vans are alike, so its possible, but I thought "our" Granellis had been open much longer than that.

Archived