Snow & co. M/c manufacturers

anybody out there worked for stanley tools or industrial units (subsiduary) in the wicker?

My dad was a foreman in Industrial Units, don't know when he started there I guess it could have been in the late 1940's, but he worked there until his death in 1962

My dad was a foreman in Industrial Units, don't know when he started there I guess it could have been in the late 1940's, but he worked there until his death in 1962

Hi,

If your Dad's name was Frank, then I remember him from earlier in the1940's. I grew up at the "Units". Didnt you have an uncle who also worked for Snow's?

Regards

Hi Falls, yes my Dad was Frank, but I do not recollect an uncle at Snows, can you remember his name? I knew that dad was involved in WW2 and had assumed he started at Unit's after the war, but he could have been there before the war started. I still have a stainless steel bucket he made at units, after all these years it's still going strong.

Hi gregconn, I started work at Snows in the draughts offices about 1959 left in 1963, so I am certain I must have known your dad. There were offices also over Industrial Units to which I visited on a regular basis, so I knew most of the men in the workshop. I married a man who worked in Industrial Units.

He was a sheet metal worker. Sadly he died five years ago, but I do believe his foremans name was Frank. If you would tell your dad's surname it could ring a bell for me. It could be that your dad gave me some much appreciated advice years ago. Would appreciate it. Cheers.

Hi,

If your Dad's name was Frank, then I remember him from earlier in the1940's. I grew up at the "Units". Didnt you have an uncle who also worked for Snow's?

Regards

Hi falls, By saying you grew up at the Units, does that mean your parent's were caretakers? Did you, or do you know any of the workers there?

Hi gregconn, I started work at Snows in the draughts offices about 1959 left in 1963, so I am certain I must have known your dad. There were offices also over Industrial Units to which I visited on a regular basis, so I knew most of the men in the workshop. I married a man who worked in Industrial Units.

He was a sheet metal worker. Sadly he died five years ago, but I do believe his foremans name was Frank. If you would tell your dad's surname it could ring a bell for me. It could be that your dad gave me some much appreciated advice years ago. Would appreciate it. Cheers.

Hello Floater, dad's surname was Connelly.