Did Santorum almost call Obama the N word?

It's well known that Joseph Kennedy enlisted the aid of Chicago Mob Boss Sam Giancana to get the votes out for his son and JFK only beat Nixon by a very slim majority.

My theory is that the Bay of Pigs fiasco convinced Soviet leader Nikita Kruschev that JFK really was a rank amateur and this had a direct link to Krushchev thinking he could get away with placing missiles in Cuba not long afterwards

I also believe that had Nixon been President, Kruschev would not have made such an attempt.

Kruschev knew Nixon, had carried out a debate with him that had turned rancorous some years earlier and had Nixon figured for a hard line cold war warrior.

It's possible also that had Nixon presided over the Vietnam war it would have ended somewhat differently

It's well known that Joseph Kennedy enlisted the aid of Chicago Mob Boss Sam Giancana to get the votes out for his son and JFK only beat Nixon by a very slim majority.

My theory is that the Bay of Pigs fiasco convinced Soviet leader Nikita Kruschev that JFK really was a rank amateur and this had a direct link to Krushchev thinking he could get away with placing missiles in Cuba not long afterwards

I also believe that had Nixon been President, Kruschev would not have made such an attempt.

Kruschev knew Nixon, had carried out a debate with him that had turned rancorous some years earlier and had Nixon figured for a hard line cold war warrior.

It's possible also that had Nixon presided over the Vietnam war it would have ended somewhat differently

I believe that the Summit in Vienna that Kruschev had with JFK was where he decided that he could bluff and bully JFK. If we're going to speculate on how history would have turned out with alternative leaders, I dread to think how the Cuban missile crisis would have turned out with Nixon in charge.

Nixon DID preside over the Vietnam war. Longer thn any other president by far. He just didn't initiate or intensify it, not having the chance.

I believe that the Summit in Vienna that Kruschev had with JFK was where he decided that he could bluff and bully JFK. If we're going to speculate on how history would have turned out with alternative leaders, I dread to think how the Cuban missile crisis would have turned out with Nixon in charge.

A moot point since in my view the missiles would never have been in Cuba if Nixon had been President

Archived