The Stag on Psalter lane has been taken over

How far are you going back Fudbeer? I liked it late 80's early 90's.

Yep would be around that time and maybe a bit later was usually packed at the weekend with a great atmosphere and am not talking about groups sat around eating and nursing a half of lager and lime for 3 hours :)

How can you trade at a loss - and yet make profits...?

Companies that trade at a loss - usually go bust (eventually)...that loss has to be covered at some point....

Depending how the companies are set up, if one was making lots of money the losses of the other could be offset to tax.

Depending how the companies are set up, if one was making lots of money the losses of the other could be offset to tax.

Indeed..and the brewery business is supposedly doing very well. I wonder what price the pub side of the business buys the beer at from the brewery side of the business.

I cannot understand what people are complaining about - Thornbridge are taking over run-down pubs and revitalising them by installing quality beers and most often very good quality food.

To take two examples, I would not have gone near The Greystones or The Stag in their previous guises. I can only speak of The Greystones, but now it has become a welcoming destination pub, with great beer and live music. It also provides a huge boost to the area in terms of passing trade and sociability.

Same goes to the group who are changing round places like The Broadfield and The Old House. It's a winning formula, and I'd personally prefer some annoying brattish kids running around on a Sunday than being threatened by some knuckleheaded locals (to take The Broadfield as an example!).

There was absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with The Stag in its previous guise. Well, nothing that couldn't have been fixed by the scumbag owners not screwing the landlord to the wall so he had to leave. The food was restaurant standard, the beer good and with no idiots.

Archived