The Stag on Psalter lane has been taken over

There was absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with The Stag in its previous guise. Well, nothing that couldn't have been fixed by the scumbag owners not screwing the landlord to the wall so he had to leave. The food was restaurant standard, the beer good and with no idiots.

That was the conclusion that I came to. Do you know what the people who were running it are doing now? I would have thought the kitchen staff would have stayed unless they have something else to do to.

That was the conclusion that I came to. Do you know what the people who were running it are doing now? I would have thought the kitchen staff would have stayed unless they have something else to do to.

All the remaining staff have been kept on as far as I know. Bar staff that is.

The previous landlord has, I believe, moved on to run the bar/kitchen of a golf club. Big loss for my social life!

Went in a few days after it had been taken over and bought a few nibbles - looked decent on the menu but when it came it was a rip off. £8 for a bit of pork pie, salami...about a 500% mark up.

The new landlord used to work there under the former chap and is a great guy so hopefully he can make it as good as it can be.

All the remaining staff have been kept on as far as I know. Bar staff that is.

The previous landlord has, I believe, moved on to run the bar/kitchen of a golf club. Big loss for my social life!

Went in a few days after it had been taken over and bought a few nibbles - looked decent on the menu but when it came it was a rip off. £8 for a bit of pork pie, salami...about a 500% mark up.

The new landlord used to work there under the former chap and is a great guy so hopefully he can make it as good as it can be.

Will they be doing proper food? I used to like their Sunday lunches.

There was absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with The Stag in its previous guise. Well, nothing that couldn't have been fixed by the scumbag owners not screwing the landlord to the wall so he had to leave.

The landlord should have taken advice before signing up to such silly terms

We used to go to the stag quite regularly, until the prices started getting silly, called in a week or two ago to see what they've done with the place and found it cold and souless.

I'm not a fan of Thornbridge beers which was a disappointment to see the decent beers had gone. We visited the old greystones pub, found that much the same, cold and souless. Although the theme of hard chairs and bare furniture seems to be the inthing these days, they seem to have something missing in terms of atmosphere.

A visit to the Sheaf View and you would see a vast difference in atmosphere and demographic, with people of all backgrounds, from the old guys, punks, students, and young couples all enjoying the local beers.

Btw, I had to google the harrisons to find out why there is a dislike of them, having found out they are associated with A4E I now understand.

We used to go to the stag quite regularly, until the prices started getting silly, called in a week or two ago to see what they've done with the place and found it cold and souless.

I'm not a fan of Thornbridge beers which was a disappointment to see the decent beers had gone. We visited the old greystones pub, found that much the same, cold and souless. Although the theme of hard chairs and bare furniture seems to be the inthing these days, they seem to have something missing in terms of atmosphere.

A visit to the Sheaf View and you would see a vast difference in atmosphere and demographic, with people of all backgrounds, from the old guys, punks, students, and young couples all enjoying the local beers.

Btw, I had to google the harrisons to find out why there is a dislike of them, having found out they are associated with A4E I now understand.

I am glad someone agrees with me regarding The Greystones and its atosphere I thought it was just me!

Archived