Cycling Derbyshire

hi

are there any of you in chesterfield that cycle out to the peak that arnt in a club?am looking to start cycling again but some cycling clubs can be a bit clicky which puts me off (if you havent got the latest bike,gear etc ect...)

hi

are there any of you in chesterfield that cycle out to the peak that arnt in a club?am looking to start cycling again but some cycling clubs can be a bit clicky which puts me off (if you havent got the latest bike,gear etc ect...)

I don't specificallly cycle out there but I usually chuck the bike in the car and do the trails like Monsal, High Peak and Longdendale, I also just have £200's worth of Barracuda mountain bike, nothing special and I just can't bring myself to wear lycra, I'm not a die hard cyclist I just like to go out on the odd weekend

hi

Have a look at the CTC's website. (Cyclists Touring Club).

They have local co-ordinators all over the UK, and will lead rides of varying styles (MTB, road, leisure, family etc) pretty much every week or so. The rides vary from a handful of miles potter, to longer 50, 60+ miles. They also organise sportives, as do many other organisations. Check out Kilo To Go, Bike Events, Porcini etc.

I don't think you have to be a member to tag along, but you could contact the local co-ordinator. Even if you're supposed to be a member, it costs about £3 a month. This will give you £10,000,000 of liability insurance, a magazine every couple of months and legal cover. :)

Have fun.:)

hi

Hi

I'd like to get into cycling more but feel the same about joining a club

Archived