Unusual Phobias

Originally posted by Kristian

Whatever films you see Angel, DON'T see Boogeyman! This plotline figures quite strongly!

K x

Give me nightmares by the sounds of it :? dont think i have any plans to see it :) but if i did i would see it during the day like most scary films i have watched :wink:

Originally posted by Kristian

This might be more common than you think; I remember the lovely Lorraine Kelly puting toys that moved in any way into Room 101!

K x

I thought i was just one of the odd ones lol i think its a silly phobia... being scared of a childs toy! but sadly i am a sufferer...

I have a phobia about (or more accurately an intense dislike of) chewing gum. I hate the sight and smell of it, including the masticating jaws of football managers. I can't understand why it is regarded as permissable to spit it onto the streets, turning our pavements into eyesores. I think in Singapore it is banned. they have the right idea. Perhaps I ought to emigrate to Singapore.

Various phenomena occasion alarm; greasy, lank hair, anything scatalogical, large moths, puppets [except Sooty and Sweep], various disgusting creeping, crawling creatures [including the Liberal Democrats], women with facial hair, and cats. The latter because of their horrible, knowing look.

the only one i got . and i thort i was the only one till my x bf work partner said she had the same problem and that is wood lolly sticks and wooded chopping bords,

when some one eating any kind of ice lolly or sweet lolly and see them bite the stick or suck it or see some one choppin on a wood bord that it my body goes very goose pimple and cold and feal very sick. just the thort of it now goes threw me,so this is my phobia.. i even have to go out of the room when my kids eats lollys as i hate it.

It's when they pull the stick through their teeth to get the last bits off, all the hair on my body stands on end.

Just thinking about it has the same effect.

Euuuuuggghhhh !

And toothpicks are a kind of torture.

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I've always had a problem with this, Angel. When I'm above any large body of water I can feel it trying to pull me in. Now I think about it, it really only happens with slowish-moving water like the sea or a big lake - doesn't seem to happen with fast-flowing rivers. It's like the water is literally trying to hypnotise me and drag me into it. Horrible.

On one family holiday when I was a kid, we drove along the road by Loch Ness for a while, and I was transfixed by it. I couldn't tear my eyes away from it I found it so terrifying. It was so black and so deep I felt it wanted to pull me down into those depths. S**** the Loch Ness Monster, I was scared of the Loch!!

I am with you on this; still water really frightens me. If I'm driving somewhere I've not been before, I can normally sense if there is a dam or lake nearby! Wierd!

K x

i like this thread :)

I too I have a fear of escalators, but i can't stand going up them - going down them isn't too bad. But up? I panic, can't breath, its horrible. The ones in huge department stores are worst - those where you can see the other escalators going down, ergh all that space between the escalator & the wall, its just horrible even thinking about it.

I used to live in London and used the tubes all the time, i had to really syke myself up before getting on the escalator! Its so bad i lean forward, until i'm practically sitting on the floor lol! Yes, i do get strange looks!

I also hate stairs with gaps between them (only going up tho) - i can't explain it, but i feel sick & dizzy when i go near them. And glass lifts have this affect too!

Originally posted by designbunny

I also hate stairs with gaps between them (only going up tho) - i can't explain it, but i feel sick & dizzy when i go near them. And glass lifts have this affect too!

Same here i hate it when i can see a long way down i think its something to do with me being scared of heights...

Pauly & me went out to Derbyshire for our weekly walk on the rocks... this week we went further than last... went climbing up this rock only for me to see through a gap an noticed how high up i was... thats was it for me... i froze there an then on the spot... Pauly went up without me... as he came back down he had to kinda prise me away from the rock behind me... It was horrible... If i hadnt have seen the distance i would have been fine... :)

Archived