Unusual Phobias

As the unfortunate subject of this thread when it first started (many moons ago!!) I'm delighted to report that there is another in my office who has an odder, more disturbing phobia than my disinclination towards packing foam namely. . . . . . .

Cuppa Soup.

Now, I can understand not liking them, I can even understand hatred for them . . . but running away at the sight ???

I no longer the owner of the weirdest phobia WOOHOO ;p

As a child I was terrified of going up steep roads in a car incase we rolled back down. I had frequent nightmares about it and still have one every now and then. Now I drive I still avoid them at all costs!

same here i had a dream last nigth about driving up a steep road woke up sweating also have a phobia of bellybuttons cant stand them they make my skin crawl

• 1 month later...

I've asked around but I don't know anyone else who shares this really strange phobia with me.

If I see a picure of the earth from space it freaks me out and I can't look at it.

This got me thinking...

I can see why our species might have developed phobias for snakes, spiders etc., but why should harmless phobias exist?

sort of phobias i have are

i hate the screeching noise of polystyrene, fingers on blackboard etc

i used to hate the feel of socks on my feet without shoes on, im not too bad now, but i still hate wooly gloves on my hands

when i walk on the grass my feet go all tingley in case i stand in dog****

and im not too tough on puke, i hate being sick, cant remember the last time i was sick, i hold it in no matter what

somebodys sick, thats me, sick

i also cant stand things in my mouth, a hair, finger, bread stuck to the roof of my mouth makes me want to chuck

I dont have any strange ones, but today my mum was on the phone and was trying to organise balloons and banners for someones birthday at work and she was telling her friend who was at work over the phone that she'd put the balloons in a bag in a draw, then i heard "oh i didnt know you had a balloon phobia....yeah i know about (name's) balloon phobia but i didnt know about yours."

I was laughing, i'd never heard of being scared of balloons!

Archived