Unusual Phobias

Tinned apricots and cling peaches in syrup. I actually feel queasy typing this. When I was little, I was told I had to eat these at tea at my auntie's as it would be rude to leave them. I was sick on my plate. Ever since then, someone only has to mention them and I start to retch. Scuse me...

i have no idea how someone can be scared of an inanimate object - my friend is scared of pineapples, they actually make her scream - and another is scared of tinned tuna - i have lots of fun at the supermarket!

now iddy biddy spiders - they are something to be terrified of!

I have a phobia of hair. I'm fine with it as long as it's attached to someone, but as soon as it falls out it's soooo disgusting. I can't clean my own hair brushes out for this reason so I wait til my mum comes to see me and get her to do it (lol, I'm 21!) I think I should just buy cheap brushes and throw them away!! I can't stand them in sinks, it's awful in my own bathroom, but in a public one it's even worse, oh gah, that could be anyone's! And if a hair gets in my mouth, I'm realllllllly likely to be sick, so so wrong. The funny thing is I've got quite long hair, and I can deal with straightening it and blow drying it but when I wash it I have to do it really quickly cos when the hair comes out and sticks to my fingers I start to panic if I can't get it off right away...

And if a hair gets in my mouth, I'm realllllllly likely to be sick, so so wrong...

A hair in the mouth :gag: literally, I have to agree with you on that. The problem with hairs in the gob are they are incredibly hard to find! And if it's navigating its way towards the back of the throat :gag: :gag: :hihi:

• 6 months later...

I have a phobia of tiny small dots/cluster of small holes/ raised bumps. They don't even have to be the shape of circles..it's just anything tiny in a mass group.. for example..a swarm of ants.

It's weird because individually they don't scare me. like one hole or one dot, one ant..etc. is perfectly fine. What scares me is tiny little dots everywhere... Man I feel like screaming in sickness just describing this. Also, especially dots..like skin diseases..visibly infected skin or rashes with tiny raised pores...*ahhhhhhh** *barf*

My reaction to seeing these things is physical and mental.

My physical reaction isn't like most phobias of sweating and nausea, crying in terror...etc...

It's more like.. I get this disgusting tingly prickly feeling in my face..like the skin is being stretched. I feel like the dots are all over me and crawling on me...ughhh...

I get goose bumps all on my arms..which is ironic..because I hate goosebumps so this FREAKS ME OUT even more.

My family members think I am nuts and it's all in my head..but really it isnt........

I wonder if there is a name for this phobia.

eww I have to stop now because I'm getting that creepy feeling all over again just thinking about it........

Archived