Unusual Phobias

Originally posted by Hodge

I hav a phobia of th lttr "". I can't bring myslf to us it, which maks communication quit difficult, spcially sinc it's th most common lttr in the nglish languag.

Ssam Strt was a nightmar to watch whn I was a kid.

I rally sympathis with you. It must mak lif difficult

Originally posted by Hodge

I hav a phobia of th lttr "". I can't bring myslf to us it, which maks communication quit difficult, spcially sinc it's th most common lttr in the nglish languag.

Ssam Strt was a nightmar to watch whn I was a kid.

Have you considered professional help? I'm sure there are doctors to deal with that kind of thing.

i wonder if there are professionals that can help me with my sprout problem....

• 8 months later...

Wet wrinkled skin, like when you get out of the bath.

Ahhhhh I hate it and can't bear to touch it. I have to grab a towel quickly and avoid touching my skin.

Anyone else hate this?? or am I alone.

:confused:

Ive gone all goose pimpled just thinking about it.

i have an odd fear of being sick, dunno why and its only a recent thing. not thrown up for over 6 years and now the whole idea of it makes me freak completely.

oddly i also have a rediculous fear of spiders and the idea of having to go near one makes me feel sick....:help:

Originally posted by em3978

i have an odd fear of being sick, dunno why and its only a recent thing. not thrown up for over 6 years and now the whole idea of it makes me freak completely.

oddly i also have a rediculous fear of spiders and the idea of having to go near one makes me feel sick....:help:

I can empathise.

I used to have a phobia of being sick. I used to panic and end up choking eveytime.

Until.......... I got hyperemisis and was sick every two minutes and went into hospital for it.

That cured me

Well, I have a fear of escalators especially down escalators. Can't get on one at all. It's now got so bad I can't go up on them either as I just start panicing.

Not such a problem, except I'm off to London on saturday so will have to fork out for a taxi, work out which bus I need or walk.

Originally posted by max

I didn't think there was a phobic scale. I should imagine if you're gibbering in a corner with blood flecked foam frothing from the rictus stretched corners of your mouth then the source of that condition should be immaterial.:loopy:

not a structered scale as such but it can be measured on a personal "1 to 10" examplary scale and ten is absolute panic.

I sometimes suffer from anxiety and has been difficult to cope with over the years.

The cause of my condition is my business I am afraid.

:loopy:

Archived