Thoughts on the Chesterfield Canal Restoration

Dear All...

I am a student at the University of Sheffield and I am currently doing a project on the restoration of the Chesterfield Canal through Killamarsh. Anyone is more than welcome to reply, but I am particularly interested in hearing from those who live in, regularly visit or travel through Killamarsh as I would like to know what people think of the canals restoration and its impacts upon the village.

I do not want to 'lead' any replies, but to give you an example.. people might be supportive of the project as it may bring more business to the local shops. On the other hand the restoration works may cause a significant disturbance to those living nearby the canal and because of this people might be against the restoration. If anyone is kind enough to leave a reply it would be excellent if you could give me reasons behind your thoughts.

For those keen to learn more, information on the restoration can be found on the Chesterfield Canal Trust website and the Chesterfield Canal Partnership website.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Archived