Work from home .. is it really viable?

Ive never heard of or been told aboout carers premium, so I'll look into that ThanQ... as for respite care... the only help we get is a few hours from a care agency who dont seem to have a structured HR team. sending carers local to us over to the other side of town .. we dont get the same faces and as a result mums progress is slow.. having to re-inform and "train" the carer each time..... effectively i'm learning them the task at hand and still doing all the work???

we've tried mum in a day centre, but she refuses to take part or consider herself "old".. she's 81 :).. the driver of the care bus used to terrify her by speeding over the bumps in the road. Mum was often sick in the van and had to be brought back before she'd even got there !!

As for working with computers.... ive played around with programming as early as 1989...i.y in the 90'5 building pc's and reinstalling and about to take level three NVQ (which included the preparation and editing of user documentation ).. when I was offered my last job..

not sure as to which avenue to take, that's why I'm hoping to pick up idea's

Thanks for all the advice and info... when your minds full of problems and obstacles .. its hard to think straight.

Thanks !

Their careers are a bigger priority I'm afraid... my sister had the opportunity to take a gap year initially but her possessive husband wouldn't allow it... and as I'd been made redundant the christmas eve before... i was clearly the best candidate for the job as far as they were concerned.... Anyway, i AM..I wouldn't trust them now.. they dont even know what medication she's on and suffice by turning up on sunday afternoon as if obliged to make a cup of tea.. 'n that's their input. Mum's last carer was more like family than they'll ever pretend to be. She was pressured to move on .. her "friends" didnt like the hours she spent working here and felt left out... ! .. shame

i'd rather not dwell on others' lack of compassion.. I'd sooner look for ways to enhance what I can do.. and be more helpful 'n effective... (she's MY mam)

Archived