MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

sheffield s12,s8,s20 .£500 to £550 budget,but its more important that its a proper letting agent,as i said before dont want let something that is going to be sold when housing market picks up?

You can only guarantee the tenancy agreement for 6 months at a time.

we have a two bed flat at the moment in S2 area very close to city road, and the landlord does not intend to sell it as we are managing the property for them. we sign 12month tenancy if u are happy.

Doubt this anonymous message qualifies as a 'Proper letting agent' :hihi:

As already pointed out tenancy agreements only last 12 months so it doesn't matter what assurances any agency or landlord gives you - they can legally ask you to leave at 12months (with 2 months notice given in month 10).

Although a professional landlord that has multiple properties (5+ or more) is unlikely to ask you to leave if you are happy to stay as they are in it for the long run. It's the 'accidental landlords' that you need to afraid of with only 1 property. If their personal circumstances change then you'd be the 1st to suffer if they need to sell the house (regardless of what assurances they give you at the beginning).

Use rightmove to search for properties as it's a professional property portal and can only be used by companies that can afford to pay the expensive fees i.e. real professional companies

Hi rebeccab I can do this for you, I do a few lettings in s6. A three bed terrace can make £600 per month! I won't charge you anything till the house is let and your totally happy, then only 10% for a full management service. Regards david. 07976871145.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Im looking at letting on my own, however as im new(ish) to the city, i was wondering who you could recommend as a good letting agent who have a decent range of flats and houses to rent.

I have tried RightMove, but thats the only one so far.

Thanks in advance!

Archived