MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

Better to advertise yourself, on here for example. Meet tenants yourself, and decide personally if they are suitable, don't rely on someone else to judge such things for you. They have been known to turn perfectly good tenants away for very petty reasons.

i think its between 10 and 15% depending on the company but will undoubtedly be subject to a minimum fee.

its easy for some people to say do it your self, but in all honestly it is sometime just easier to pay someone to do it especially if your picky about your tenants. What i do is pay a company to do the advertising and dealing with applicants etc then I just meet the ones that seem potentially better and give them a final once over as it were.

Hi everyone, I am just about to rent out a property and I am looking for a good agent, I have just done a search and review on agents. I am very confused as most seem to have bad reviews, can anyone recommend or tell me of their experiences before I make a decision.

I've just let my flat as I recently moved in with in with the girlfriend and just did it direct in the end. It seemed most were charging ~15% pcm for fully managed with a one off fee of £200 or self managed they wanted £500+vat for finding tenants. I just found tenants myself, checked references myself and downloaded an AST agreement from the Landlords Association and used the DPS for the deposit stuff. It's all been fine so far, I've had to run a couple of errands myself, sorting a few bits and pieces out for them and arrange for a failed appliance to be replaced, but not much bother and I've saved loads. Most of them charge on top for any callouts too. With agents they were going to charge 650 and I'd net about 560. I advertised it for less than the 'market rate' and ended letting it really quickly for 585, so both tenants and I saved money. Worth thinking about...

Archived