MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

They charge at the minimum 10% to 15% + VAT so in reality it's 12% to 18%. That's full management that is they will deal with the tenant on a day to day basis.

Nope, sorry to correct you but its 10% inclusive of VAT.

Ben

Whitehornes Estate Agents

0114 2506070

Glad to be corrected in this case! Competition is always good isn't it :) Sorbys and Whitehornes in fact charge around 8% + VAT

So I correct my statement:

"They charge at the minimum 8% up to 15% + VAT so in reality it's 10% to 18%."

Thanks Ben!

Any other letting agents care to correct me if they come in under 8% + VAT?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I’m renting my house out for the first time and i need to pick a letting agent to fully manage my property, I’m struggling to choose which one to use as i keep reading mostly bad things about letting agents in general.

Has anyone used an agent that they could recommend?

I have read a few posts on here but a lot are from a tenants perspective other than a landlords

Thanks

Liz

Hi, I work for a letting agent that would offer you this service, we have a large portfolio of properties which we currntly look after. If youd like to give me a call i could go over any questions you may have or make an appointment to pop out and see you?

Ben

Whitehorne Estate Agents

0114 2506070

Here's a list of ten things to bare in mind when choosing a letting agent to let your property: http://www.whichpropertyagent.co.uk/property-news/ten-top-tips-for-choosing-a-letting-agent-to-manage-a-property-or-let-your-house

It's not all about who's the cheapest vs who's the most expensive. It depends on the property and it's location. Some good points are touched upon in that article, so a good place to start. By the looks of it, the website where the articles is, will be able to answer your question for you when it fully launches in mid July; it compares/finds the best agent to sell a particular property.

Hope it helps

Hello, I’m renting my house out for the first time and i need to pick a letting agent to fully manage my property, I’m struggling to choose which one to use as i keep reading mostly bad things about letting agents in general.

Has anyone used an agent that they could recommend?

I have read a few posts on here but a lot are from a tenants perspective other than a landlords

For much more on what to do and not to do, see the copious threads on http://www.landlordzone.co.uk

I have recently gone with Kensingtonpmc who look after 3 properties for me in Rotherham. Have a look at their website it covers everything. Its run entirely by retired police officers and consequently completely trustworthy.

Good luck and ask for Andy

I agree Ty, right price, not a rip off merchant. Ive been with them for two months now, found me tenants straight away, I felt comfortable from the word go, so many people trying to rip you off. Ive got two apartments in Sheffield and I have signed both over to them. So far so good. Give them a ring. Ring Andy. at Kensington pmc:)

Archived