MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

I agree Ty, right price, not a rip off merchant. Ive been with them for two months now, found me tenants straight away, I felt comfortable from the word go, so many people trying to rip you off. Ive got two apartments in Sheffield and I have signed both over to them. So far so good. Give them a ring. Ring Andy. at Kensington pmc:)

Are you sure you've been with them for 2 months, it appears that they only registered their website on the 17th May 2011

Registered on: 17-May-2011

Renewal date: 17-May-2013

Last updated: 17-May-2011

Well I have signed my two apartments over to Kensingtonpmc, two months ago now. They are a retired police officers, who have said they have seen a bunch of other lettings ripping landlords off, so they said they good do better. They charge a monthly commission fee of £50. tenant finder letting fee £99, dont charge for inventory. tenant only pays £99.

It seemed good to me, better than the 12-18% charges, and definately better that the upfront fees. Rip off. Id say give them a look have a chat Iand make your own mind up.

I have just signed two apartmemts over to Kensingtonpmc, they are good as gold. retired police! charge a flat fee of £50 commission per month, tenant finder fees are chaper than any one else. £99 !!!!, Dont charge for inventory. Not only do they make you feel welcome, Ive ben with them for two months. They are good guys!!!! They dont have a massive portfolio so you get the feeling there is attention to detail., Give them a try I did. Sick of being ripped off by others. You all know who I mean.

They have the same address as Blundells in a small business centre off Tenter street. The domain is registered to a residential address under a different name as the primary contact and they aren't registered with Companies House either, well not under that name anyhow - for a company that is allegedly a 'phenomenal success story' it all sounds fishy to me, surely former five-o wouldn't bend the truth like that? How much did you research them before handing the keys over?!

If you are looking for a letting agent whether it is to rent out your apartment or find an apartment to rent the "find an agent" section on Rightmove lists a whole host of Sheffield Letting Agencies, although I can't see Kensingtonpmc on there??

Rightmove-to rent-find letting agents

Those letting agent awards are comical. All you have to do is fill in an on-line form, pay your £250+VAT per category (surprised no admin charge, reference check charge etc too) respond to a questionnaire, take a phone call from a 'judge' and then hope you are the only entry in a category in your region and voilà. They don't actually visit companies in person or speak to tenants or landlords. They should be called the Hot Air Awards. Priceless.

Archived