MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

Reputable landlords will make sure that they have the neccessary safety certificates. Health and safety rests with the individual as it is your health and your safety. If in doubt, ask to see the certificates. The bottom line is that you need to be able to trust your landlord/letting agent. I can only recommend talking to Andy at Kensingtonpmc. Now my properties are managed properly I have time to comment on here.!!!

This maybe correct, but you dont make sure landlord have the correct licences for properties, i.e HMO'S. and if you miss this information out do you make sure they have up to date gas and electric certs??

Yes, we make sure all certs are up to date, We do this on both managed and finders fee properties.

Ben

Whitehorne Estate Agents

0114 2506070

At John Law.

John contact Omnia Estates. They have a lettings department and they are just on the otherside of the road on Queen Street (Opposite The Metis Apartments) I am sure they could help you.

Omnia Estates. 0114 2792840. Speak to either Rebecca or Andy.

On 18th October the NLA are having a speaker from South Yorkshire police coming to talk about some fraud that is going on and they have a few letting agents that are being investigated.

I din't know the whole story so won't post any details in case I get them wrong. Come to the meeting though if you want to learn more. 6:30pm 24th October Sheffield park hotel.

And hello Jeffrey, didn't know you used this forum!

I would make sure you read and double check your rights.I let my property out for the first time i left a beautiful home and moved back into a hovel! the carpets are ruined due to dog and cat mess , chewed stair spindles,gate nailed shut doors wrecked and chewed the list goes on. i paid a maintenance fee of £100 a month with a letting agent but it was only by chanceof a friends visit to the property that the full extent of filth was discovered. I cant relax in my own home the smell is that intense! and i have to fight in court for any compensation.The person that occupied my property was a professional person.I still dont know what the fee i paid was for! :(

I think the moral to the story is to do your research very carefully-if your agent is charging you for a fully managed service, get them to clarify EXACTLY what fully managed means after all these percentage cuts can turn out quite costly. Ask to see examples of the key documents that will be implemented-the tenancy agreement they will draw up and the inventory if they are providing this on your behalf as some agents do a really in-depth inventory and others not so. Good Luck!

Archived