MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

• 3 weeks later...

Having recently sold my property the sale collapsed a week before contracts were due to be exchanged (not a problem with my house- my buyers still want it but have had to put theirs back on the market) I am now back to square one and considering my options.

Having read many threads on here I'm thinking there are many more people wnting to rent than buy, and so rather than leaving it empty all winter until another buyer turns up (it took six months and a considerable reduction in price to sell in the first place) I am now thinking of renting it out on a six month lease.

Problem is I don't know the first thing about renting and would like some recommendations as to decent letting agents I could contact as a start. Also, any I should avoid?

• 2 weeks later...
Having recently sold my property the sale collapsed a week before contracts were due to be exchanged (not a problem with my house- my buyers still want it but have had to put theirs back on the market) I am now back to square one and considering my options.

Having read many threads on here I'm thinking there are many more people wnting to rent than buy, and so rather than leaving it empty all winter until another buyer turns up (it took six months and a considerable reduction in price to sell in the first place) I am now thinking of renting it out on a six month lease.

Problem is I don't know the first thing about renting and would like some recommendations as to decent letting agents I could contact as a start. Also, any I should avoid?

I would utterly recommend that you avoid Blundells Countrywide at all costs. It seems that Blundells, Spencers and Mike Jolly estate agents have now been merged and are under Blundells Countrywide. I rented my property out via them and since the merger they just don't know what they are doing - they gave us incorrect advice, continually charged us wrong and in my opinion are a complete joke.

Not sure what we are going to do with the property now but have taken it out of their hands!

Good luck and I too would be grateful for any legit recommendations.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all I want to say that I was looking for two bed property for me and my kids. I've recently moved in Sheffield so I was looking not by area but by price and the look of the property.There were two not expensive two bed flats advertised by Letwise so I connect with them to arrange viewing.I explained them that I'm looking for property for my kids so I wanted to see properties where kids were welcomed.After dialing one week with Letwise agent I went to see the first flat.I was surprised that the agent was there for first time didn't know anything about the flat about the EPC is it with gas heating or with electricity didn't have any energy certificates and so on.After the viewing which was only five minutes because the agent was in hurry,I was informed that the landlord didn't allow children in this flat.So I've waisted a week.Meanwhile I've liked a two bed house again let by Letwise.And next week I went to see the second flat and house.And again the agent was there for first time no information about anything and again the agent was in rush so I was supposed just have a quick look and to go out of the properties.

At least I've decided to give my application for the house so I phoned my employer accountant and previous landlords for references and I gave my deposit.Letwise promised that will take no more than a week to check all documents and if everything is alright to let the house to me.I had only two weeks to move in as I already gave a notice to my landlord.After two not one week Letwise agent call me and said that all documentation is perfect but the landlord has something personally and doesn't want to rent me the house.Ive asked for a reason and it was no answer so I felt discriminated because I'm not British just a permanent resident of UK.Now in a week I need to move out from the house that I leave and because I've waisted three weeks waiting Letwise to decide the future of my kids we don't have where to go with them.Thank you for your help guys I hope never to meet such people again thinking only about money, with no respect about the people and don't care about the tenants only landlords.From now I'm going to dial only with private landlords and I'll never use agency again.Avoid them

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend Norrow Estates. They are a small family firm and don't try to screw you over like some agents.

I've always dealt with Paul in the past. I think he's the manager, but anyway he knows what he's doing so ask for him if you contact them.