Multi - Quote. Cannot Do It

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not at all original. Stories about writers whose work is always plagiarised even before they can write it go back at least to H.G. Wells’ “The Anticipator”. About once a week I receive a manuscript beginning:

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not at all original. Stories about writers whose work is always plagiarised even before they can write it go back at least to H.G. Wells’ “The Anticipator”. About once a week I receive a manuscript beginning:

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not…

Better luck next time!

Sincerely, Morris K. Mobius

Editor, Stupefying Stories

Better luck next time!

Better luck next time!

I didn't even realise there was a multi quote button until I saw this thread. Has it always been here and I've not noticed it or is it a new feature?

It's always been a feature on Vbulletin sites as long as i can remember, though i'm not sure if there's a facility to enable or hide it, there may well be, and i'm new here.

The 'q+' button wasn't always around. I think it appeared on SF after an upgrade a few years ago?

Prior to that, you could still do multiple quotes, but it was more labour intensive.

Edit after a lookup:

Not sure when SF upgraded, but multiple quotes were introduced in vB 3.6 which was released in 2006.

It's always been a feature on Vbulletin sites as long as i can remember, though i'm not sure if there's a facility to enable or hide it, there may well be, and i'm new here.

Click the multi-quote button on all the posts you want to quote except the final one, on which you click the normal quote button.

^^^What she says :)

Once you know that it doesn't paste into a new thread until you've clicked reply or the normal quote button at the end, it all makes sense.

Thank you all for the excellent answers to my dilema. Only waiting to try it out now.:)

Angel.

Well, I hope it's worked. I could not wait to try it.

Angel.

I didn't even realise there was a multi quote button until I saw this thread. Has it always been here and I've not noticed it or is it a new feature?

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not at all original. r”. About once a week I receive a manuscript beginning:

Better luck next time!

At this point someone should post (if they have it to hand!) Arthur C. Clarke's masterpiece, the longest science-fiction story ever told...

The 'q+' button wasn't always around. I think it appeared on SF after an upgrade a few years ago?

Prior to that, you could still do multiple quotes, but it was more labour intensive.

Edit after a lookup:

Not sure when SF upgraded, but multiple quotes were introduced in vB 3.6 which was released in 2006.

:) Now i know....

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not at all original. Stories about writers whose work is always plagiarised even before they can write it go back at least to H.G. Wells’ “The Anticipator”.

About once a week I receive a manuscript beginning

:

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not at all original.

Stories about writers whose work is always plagiarised even before they can write it go back at least to H.G. Wells’ “The Anticipator”.

About once a week I receive a manuscript beginning:

Dear Mr Jinx:

I’m afraid your idea is not…

Better luck next time!

Better luck next time!

Better luck next time!

Just messin' with quote tags. I wondered what they did...

Archived