The Debt Myths by Osbourne

Neither would I, but millions do and I agree with you and was just pointing out that the banking collapse was the inevitable consequence of the easy cheap money that gave people the artificial good times. I don’t just blame the banks though, I blame the people that borrowed and spent more than they could afford, the government that sat back and watched it happen and claimed to have created an indefinite boom that would never bust.

You have bought into the myth that it was our fault. Have a read of this...

http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/02/propaganda-wars-our-version-risk-weighted-lies-1/

You have bought into the myth that it was our fault. Have a read of this...

http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/02/propaganda-wars-our-version-risk-weighted-lies-1/

I haven't read anything and haven't bought into any myth, I sat back and watched events take place that I thought were an inevitable consequence of over consumption and a reliance on cheap easy debt.

I haven't read anything and haven't bought into any myth, I sat back and watched events take place that I thought were an inevitable consequence of over consumption and a reliance on cheap easy debt.

Youll find the bankers & elite had much more fun that Joe Bloggs did with the easy credit....and they wont be paying it back either. :suspect:

That's the sort of wisdom that goes nowhere though.

How much will you sell your house for; A. what you think it's worth, or B.what somebody will pay you?

Does B make you a Tory and A make you an honest good ol' working class bloke?

Haha, nice try.

You see it's not just about what people will pay you but also about what you can leverage. Maybe release some equity, maybe use it to fund a nice lifestyle, maybe get a property abroad, maybe pay school fees etc...

This is the thing. The debt frenzy may have happened under Labour but core Tory voters will have been active participants in their millions. Hardly a peep out of the Tories in opposition - they knew that Daily Mail readers, especially the older ones actually liked what was happening.

To rail against it now is hypocritical in the extreme.

Archived