Kobo ereader or Amazon Kindle?

Dont really know where to actualy post this but just wondering, which is better Kobo or kindle.. To me i dont see a difference apart from how many books they each can hold but wanting views on them before i decide, basicaly whats worth paying for better, iv look everywhere on reviews but nothing has really helped plus weather the prices for books are different through the kobo store and amazon kindle store.. so yeah which is the best thats worth buying?

Anything would be helpfull.

I've looked at both and used both and to my mind the only real differences were whether you wanted a touch screen or not and that certain books were only in the kindle store.

Soon the kindle touch will be out so the only real difference will be that certain books will be in the kindle store. There are ways around this.

From a reading point of view there is pretty much no difference between the two

I can't comment on the Kobo but I have a Kindle (the £89 one) and I absolutely love it. I didn't know whether I would get the use out of one, but hubby bought me one last xmas and I'm so glad he did.

I wouldn't use it for such as reference books etc but I find it great for novels.

It's so light and easy to hold in bed and is so much easier to read than a paper back, where you have to hold back wedges of pages. It really is good in sunlight as well........perfectly clear to read from.

I wondered about buying a clip on lamp for mine but to be honest I don't really need one. When I read in bed I have my bedside lamp on and that's more than adequate. The only extra that I've bought is a padded Belkin sleeve to store it in.

Just recently I bought 4 novels from Amazon at a whacking 49p each. I pre-ordered them so maybe the full price has been applied now. There are loads of Amazon offers available anyhow. You just have to keep checking.

I also like the way you can keep track of your purchases through your personal Kindle page with Amazon. I believe you can also "share" a book with another Kindle owner but I think you are limited to one "share" per book.

I've been told that if you accidentally break it then Amazon will replace it free of charge. I haven't actually checked that out though.

I'm very happy with my Kindle anyhow and I personally would go for the Kindle aside of the Kobo.............but I'm biased. I think that the Kindle might have a bit of a better reputation along with a larger following.

Good luck with your choice anyhow.

Why get a kindle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-M009S-Capacitive-SANDWICH-Responsive/dp/B006M07X34/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

Excellent little tablet for about the same price and just put the kindle app on it.Unless you are doing a lot of reading outside.Then you can play games,browse internet etc as well.

The e-ink display is the main reason I use the Kindle. It's a joy to read and easy on the eyes. I wouldn't substitute a general, less suitable tool for one which does a specific job beautifully.

When making the choice, consider the supported ecosystem of each. For my money, the ease of use and support of the Kindle Touch I've just bought is more of a consideration than a subjective "better" hardware device.

That's exactly what Amazon want though - people roped in to the "experience" and not just the device.

I wanted a Kindle but was bought a Kobo touch instead. My main concern was that books are much cheaper on Kindle, but you can download the app onto the Kobo and it then has all the advantages of the kindle cheap books (plus many sites including Kobo have free books) Kobo also had night reading facility and you can of course change settings and fonts etc. It doubles up nicely as a tablet, so you an surf, play games, music etc. It is heavier than the Kindle but then lighter than a paperback, the only thing I would say it the battery life will be shorter as it's essentially a tablet as well as an e reader. Hope this helps PM me if you need more info.

I wanted a Kindle but was bought a Kobo touch instead. My main concern was that books are much cheaper on Kindle, but you can download the app onto the Kobo and it then has all the advantages of the kindle cheap books (plus many sites including Kobo have free books) Kobo also had night reading facility and you can of course change settings and fonts etc. It doubles up nicely as a tablet, so you an surf, play games, music etc. It is heavier than the Kindle but then lighter than a paperback, the only thing I would say it the battery life will be shorter as it's essentially a tablet as well as an e reader. Hope this helps PM me if you need more info.

Is that not the Kobo Vox colour rather than the Kobo touch?

I would say that if you want it purely for reading then books then do not bother with any tabletesque type ereaders, go for one with an eink display. As to which is better between Kobo and Kindle, I have no idea. I have a kindle (the one with the wee keyboard) and love it.

Whichever you go for I wouldn't worry about which has the cheapest books as you can easily change between formats for putting on whatever device you desire.

jb

Archived