Kobo ereader or Amazon Kindle?

How often do you spend in the Amazon rain forest without the hope of an electricity outlet for 2 whole weeks.Let me take a guess.Never.

Strange you should mention that, I have just got back from two weeks in the Amazon and I was furious that my tablet went flat just 3 days in, had I been using my Kindle I would have been sorted.

How often do you spend in the Amazon rain forest without the hope of an electricity outlet for 2 whole weeks.Let me take a guess.Never.

I think you miss the point, it's nice not to worry about the charge on your e-reader.

On the other hand being on a 10 hour flight isn't that unusual. And when you add in the hour on the train, 2 hours in the airport waiting and another hour at the other side, all potentially without power we can guess which ebook will still be running by the time you arrive.

27th April it's available in UK if you (or anyone else) didn't know.

Why move from a Kindle to the Kindle Touch by the way?

Even months after getting the thing I still try to swipe to turn the page, it's just the natural way to use it, the buttons aren't as intuitive.

I think you miss the point, it's nice not to worry about the charge on your e-reader.

I didn`t miss anything it was just a stupid question really that deserved a stupid answer.I have a kindle they are good.When the Kindle fire hits over here it will sell like hot cakes because a lot of people will want a device that you can do more than read on.

I have read my last 30 books on a 4" smartphone.Just prefer it.Everybody to their own.

I didn`t miss anything it was just a stupid question really that deserved a stupid answer.I have a kindle they are good.When the Kindle fire hits over here it will sell like hot cakes because a lot of people will want a device that you can do more than read on.

I have read my last 30 books on a 4" smartphone.Just prefer it.Everybody to their own.

Its a six month old device so I doubt it.

If you prefer reading your books on a 4" screen then obviously the Kindle isn't for you, most other people buy the Kindle for the screen; not because they can't afford a tablet.

I was reading on slashdot earlier that they will launch a backlit version (some sort of low power OLED so it won't eat the battery), sounds good, I find myself reading in bed when the OH wants to sleep, and a backlight would make that more pleasant. But in the sun it's impressive compared to a glossy screen, can't see a thing on my phone, but can read the kindle with ease.

Archived