Sick of nuisance phone calls

I use an answering machine with which I can screen calls, generally all the cold calls/marketing calls hang up without leaving a message.

I would recommend that if you do happen to pickup the phone that you give them no information whatsoever, this may seem a bit obvious but people seem to recommend making up stories, well if you say to the people telling you that you have a virus on your computer that you haven't got a computer then onto the database you go for the cold callers trying to sell you a computer etc etc tell them nothing just hang up.

Pay your bills then you wont get these calls.

Its usualy a debt collector or something of that ilk.

I definately know its not from debt collectors I have an excellent credit rating and pay all my bills on time thanks

I've had these calls over two years or more and i was sick of answering the

phone, now i dont pick up.

I have a answering machine and when my family and friends ring and i'am at home

they just say Hi are you there its me, if i recognice the voice i pick up,

simple as that.

--------------------------

But they still ring my number and today it rung about 11am- between 3 and 5pm-

or 6 and 8pm, they pick their times every other day.

but i've got it off to a tee and just laugh it off.

I think I am going to unplug the phone too

they always seem to ring when you're in the bath, having a nap, making the tea or doing other stuff

after all the people who need to contact me can do so via my mobile, I only have a landline because needed it for broadband

I registered my parents telephone no. with TPS in mid-January as the 'Please do not hang up' calls were really getting my mum down, she's 84 and these calls were really stressing her out. They've not had any calls since mid-February so it's worked for them, thankfully.

I think I am going to unplug the phone too

they always seem to ring when you're in the bath, having a nap, making the tea or doing other stuff

after all the people who need to contact me can do so via my mobile, I only have a landline because needed it for broadband

------------------

What other stuff? yer mean like cooking -cleaning. :confused:

------------------

Now't worse when yer having a nap. :gag:

I took the problem head on and said I was interested but I wished to speak to the chief general manager which I did told him to stop and so far....They have put it down to the recession and these desperados have no job anymore you have to be calm about it and say you really are not interested and they are wasting their profits as Iwill not buy off the Telephone Goodbye Brrrrrrrr......(dead phone line noise)

I am at the end of my tether now.....at least 3 times a day does the phone ring and at the other end is a recorded message ....usually begins with 'Hello' at this point I just slam the phone down

it just rang and I picked it up ... very authoritive voice.....THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESS........ at that point slammed the phone down

can these be stopped does anyone know

I am ex directory so I am fuming how they have got my number, and if other companies or selling it on then this is a disgrace and needs to stopped

rant over......but I am still sick of it :rant:

Welcome to the club. These are autodiallers fishing for business

I joined TPS to, but it seems to make no difference. Today [Tu], seven out of eight missed calls were 'No message left'- and calling back reveals them to be from cold-callers.

If they are pure cold callers (ie not had the nod from you on some application form or other) and from the UK then you should report them to the TPS..they could be in line for a large fine... I'm surprised that you were able to get a number to call them back on..usually it's hidden.

Archived