Shops selling magnetic bracelets (copper) for arthritics?

So an anecdote about your dog outweighs numerous large scale studies with proper double blind procedures control groups and so forth does it?

I am not saying that it does but It certainly could not be the placebo effect.

I have met several other dog owners who have had similar results and one where it didn't seem to have any effect. May be they work better on animals.

Really so there's no chance that you for example acted in a subtly or obviously different manner to your dog when you couldn't find this magnetic collar then?

May be I did .I couldn't say.I cant see how it could have affected his swollen joints tho . We have consulted the vet on a regular basis and it was she who told us to cut down on his meds .I am as sceptical as the next person when it comes to so called Quackery .All I know is that I have saved £s on medication and my pooch is a happy dog as the tablets played havoc with his digestive system.

Incidentally my OH works with physiotherapists at NGH and he says that they sometimes recommend magnetic bracelets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived