Samantha Brick - Beautiful?

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=49072&c=1

She looks quite ordinary to me although there are people who will think she is beautiful I think the lack of modesty will put peoples' backs up.

I can imagine women/men receiving a lot of negative comments because of the way they look - lets hope the not so goodlooking don't get it so much. Maybe it's the snide comments people make, perhaps not being able to say directly I hate you because you get more attention from men/women so they come out with a general comment which is meant to hurt.

What do you think?

It reads like one of the blokes on here who sign up with a 'GorgeousSexyBlonde' persona :hihi: . She's clearly having a bit of a troll to illustrate a point and the result was anticipated.

Samantha Brick - Beautiful?
It's a completely subjective question, forever best enshrined in the archtype saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

Personally speaking, she looks really rather plain. But that's me.

Her 'problem' might be with modesty, although I'd buy Hecate's take on it just the same :D

It must be tough being a good looking young girl though. I've worked in places where the good looking young girl's life is made a mysery by older less fortunate women. Who are, basically, jealous. Then the girl has to put up with all the leering blokes as well..:0

I have to say its not the same when there's an handsome young bloke. The older guys tend to see him as a bit of a hero....

Just had a bit of a Google, and this from Jezebel is pretty much my take on it:

...She's just...and I know I'm walking a delicate line here...not that cute. She is freakishly average. If you looked up "just some lady" in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of Samantha Brick. She's fine. She's normal. She's one of us.

So I can't help but feel like the Daily Mail is playing a trick on her.

The Daily Mail is a large-scale professional troll, and this article is troll-bait of the highest order—a master stroke of carefully orchestrated misogyny. It basically screams, "HERE, TROLLS! DON'T YOU HATE THIS AWFUL BITCH? LOOK, SHE THINKS SHE'S BETTER THAN YOU BUT SHE ISN'T EVEN PRETTY!" It begs women to go all mean-girl on her (every woman I spoke to succumbed to the temptation immediately), gives men a pass to comment on the relative value and ****ability of her body, and encourages both sexes to eviscerate, body-shame, and judge Brick with impunity because her ideas are so repellent. Like if she were prettier she would have earned the right to say such ridiculous ****.

With the exception that as Brick is a Daily Mail journalist, I'm sure she's in on the troll too.

There's something a bit odd about it all. Nobody would do that, say they're beautiful... I reckon the Mail are going to do a thing about online bullying and use this as the basis.. She is trolling....

She is doing what she's paid to do...making the paper a few quid.

Archived