Samantha Brick - Beautiful?

I watched her on ITV's This Morning and I think she is very nice looking, I can easily get my head round what she has said and not allow it to scare or anger me into falsely labelling her as plain or ugly which is what I think some people are doing.

I'd court her first......or is that she'd take me to court, one or the other :hihi:

Well, she's certainly courted controversy and the vitriol and bile that her article has engendered proves her point. We only celebrate beauty when the woman in question is insecure, tragic and messed up, a la Marilyn et al. We can't have women with balls, guts and self-confidence, can we? Not unless they're matronly like Ann Widdecombe.

Well, she's certainly courted controversy and the vitriol and bile that her article has engendered proves her point. We only celebrate beauty when the woman in question is insecure, tragic and messed up, a la Marilyn et al. We can't have women with balls, guts and self-confidence, can we? Not unless they're matronly like Ann Widdecombe.
We can but not when the woman in question is flouncing about like Zoolander proclaiming how effing gorgeous she is. Same rules for men.

George Clooney isn't effortlessly cool because he's a good looking man - and he is an extremely good looking man - he's effortlessly cool because he's a good looking man and he's got that thing, that sort of gallic shrug. On the other hand Gerard Depardieu is also effortlessly cool and he has an obvious gallic shrug and a face like a bag of walrus' spare parts!

I watched her on ITV's This Morning and I think she is very nice looking...

Just watched the clip on Youtube and yes, she does look a lot better on there. Which presumably means it's a choice between whether she spent an age in the make-up department, or whether the Mail need to get a better photographer, because she didn't bear much resemblance to those pictures.

I don't agree with that at all. There's been loads of confident and secure women whose fame relies on their beauty.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=49072&c=1

She looks quite ordinary to me although there are people who will think she is beautiful I think the lack of modesty will put peoples' backs up.

I can imagine women/men receiving a lot of negative comments because of the way they look - lets hope the not so goodlooking don't get it so much. Maybe it's the snide comments people make, perhaps not being able to say directly I hate you because you get more attention from men/women so they come out with a general comment which is meant to hurt.

What do you think?

I think that she is probably the loveliest creachent since T Rex finished.

Archived