Samantha Brick - Beautiful?

I saw the story earlier about the comments made regarding the history professor.

Miss Brick comes across as a very vain and shallow person (with a rather over inflated view of her own attractiveness), she should probably keep her opinion about other peoples appearance to herself.

I saw the story earlier about the comments made regarding the history professor.

Miss Brick comes across as a very vain and shallow person (with a rather over inflated view of her own attractiveness), she should probably keep her opinion about other peoples appearance to herself.

I think that she's maximising the exposure that she has had of late and is deliberately out to get as much media attention as possible. I also think that the comments about Beard are cruel and uneccesary. Do people make these kinds of observations about Robert Winston and other male academics/intellectuals?

She's now jumped on AA Gill's bandwagon. I really do not think that this woman is for real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2138177/Samantha-Brick-Sorry-women-ARE-ugly-TV.html

I wish everyone would get off Mary Beard's case. She's a very intelligent and highly engaging presenter and her programmes are incredibly interesting.

I think she's excellent and needs to be on television more often.

I'd far rather have Mary Beard presenting a programme than Samantha Brick any day. At least she has a brain that works in the right direction. I like her current series about the Romans, although my son the archaeologist is a bit scornful of her. The story is she has deliberately never had any male postgraduates, which is considered sexist.

She's also a populist which automatically gains scorn in academic circles.

I'd far rather have Mary Beard presenting a programme than Samantha Brick any day. At least she has a brain that works in the right direction. I like her current series about the Romans, although my son the archaeologist is a bit scornful of her. The story is she has deliberately never had any male postgraduates, which is considered sexist.

She's also a populist which automatically gains scorn in academic circles.

I have been fascinated by Mary Beard's series on the Romans. She certainly comes across as enthusiastic about her subject, and doesn't seem at all self-absorbed or vain.

According to the last issue of Private Eye, Brick's original article morphed from a general but relatively dull 'observation on the sisterhood' to the more button-pushing-friendly 'it's all about me and my beauty' trollfest the piece became thanks to a copy desk rewrite when a planned article fell through at the last minute. Apparently Brick was happy with the rewrite and 'would say anything they wanted her to as long as she got a byline'.

Archived